I am backmore questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by k2626, Sep 9, 2008.

1. k2626

k2626 New Member

Hi guys. Some of you may remember me. For 3 months I have had migratory bone/joint pain-for example it will stab one area quickly and at other times pulsate in an area for hours. Most affected are my ankles, hands, spine, shins. Since the onset of pain I started having EXTREME joint cracking all over my body, I now have little muscle twitches everywhere and am alwasy tired.

I have had a bone scan, ultra sound of abdominal, colonoscopy, MRI of head and lower spine. I have had many blood tests. All are coming back clear. I did just get my PT tested so am waiting on those results, as well as lyme.

If these all come back I guess I chalk this all up to Fibro?

I dont know, does this SOUND like fibro? The pain is in my bones and joints, not muscles and the EXTREME joint cracking is odd. I am feeling hopeless here....
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi there-
    I certainly wouldn't diagnose you or tell you that it is Fibro related, but I can tell you that I have extreme cracking/popping in my joints. My rheumatologist, on my first visit, even commented on it.
    I used to feel like the pain was absolutely in my bones and joints. After xrays (it was 20 yrs ago) and everything showing fine and then years of "progression", the pain is actually in the ligaments and tissue around my joints. It sure FEELS like it's in my joints but I have no inflammation etc. Do you?
    My pain goes down to my bones - again, though I don't think it's truly my bones. I would swear sometimes it feels like I have bone cancer or been beaten on my bones.

Don't feel hopeless. You need to get some relief for your pain - do you have any?

3. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

Hi K2626....yes, I remember you well, the reason being that you sound so much like myself.

Yes, to me, it does sound like fibro, especially since everything else is coming up clear. I wouldn't presume to diagnose it as such though since I am no doctor.

I went through the exact same thing 5 years ago--all the blood work, scans, etc....you name it, I had myself tested for it. All tests came up negative so I was diagnosed with fibro in 2003.

I had the same pain in my bones and joints, particularly my left foot and ankle and my right elbow. I also had the extreme cracking.

Unfortunately, I have recently started suffering from extreme shoulder/neck pain which seems to me to be muscular. I'm scheduled for scans in 2 weeks to determine the cause. This has been going on without any relief since January so I know what you mean when you say you feel hopeless. The pain is sometimes hard to bear.

You are basically doing all that you can do by getting yourself checked from head to toe. If everything is clear then you might think about finding a good dr. who knows something about FM and treatment options.

The first thing my dr. did was prescribe meds to help with sleep. Sleep is a natural healer and it is very important for us to try to get as much sleep as we can. There are many treatment options and everyone is different. Hopefully, if it is FM then you will be able to find a treatment plan that works best for you.

Best of luck to you. Don't give up. Stay strong and hang in there. My hubby has to occasionally remind me to "not give in to it." Once you receive a positive diagnosis I think it will help. Sometimes it's the "not knowing" that is so difficult to handle.

Take care and keep us posted.
    God bless,

[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2008]
  4. k2626

k2626 New Member

Gosh thank you both. See I have no swelling in my joints, no redness. I thought I had bone cancer when this first came up, then convinced myself it was leukimia, then a spinal tumor. Everything is coming up totally clear

Can the bone pains just zap one area for seconds and leave? Can it cause muscle twitches in the body too? All of my joint cracking kicked in when my pain did- I NEVER had cracking joints before all of this-is it the same with you?

Thanks again, I just feel so hopeless and want my life back
  5. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

I don't have swelling or redness either, just lots and lots of pain!

I had the severe muscle twitching too, not so much now, but at first it was unbearable. I couldn't even sleep because of all the twitching. It almost drove me crazy!

In the beginning, I do remember feeling "zaps" of pain that would come and go. Now, the pain usually just stays. :(

By the way, my sister has basically all the same symptoms. Mine started a bit later in life (when I was around 44 or 45), but hers started when she was in her 20's. I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing you are alot younger than me. :)

Please take care. I'm hoping and praying for relief and answers for you very soon.

God bless,
  6. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

Another one of the first symptoms I had was a feeling of being "plugged in". It's so hard to describe, but it was kinda like jolts of electricity shooting through my body.

I also have called it a "buzzing feeling". It's the worst. I would even get those feelings in my head. I was just curious if you've had this too?
  7. k2626

k2626 New Member

Thanks again for your response. You have calmed me down some. Isnt hard not to think you have something VERY serious? I just had my PT tested and I think that is the last test I could possibly have aside from nerve testing in terms of ruling items out.

I am 33.....I was having little stinging pains (I thought I was bit by a scorpion at first when I was in AZ-but nope wasnt) and fatigue for about a month. Then my dad was DX with term pc-a few weeks later all of this onset. Coincidence? I really think it was as I was getting some the fatigue, dizzy spells first....

8. k2626

k2626 New Member

Well, my feet will vibrate from time to time. YOu know how when you go to a neuro and they put that vibrating instrument on your feet--well that is what it feels like.

I do get the electrical shock like sensations too--like quick zaps, that is what my pains often feel like if the pain is not just staying in one place. I also get that stinging sensation at times. I woke up one morning and had to move the sheet off my foot because it burned so much.

I can best describe my pain like a toothache moving around my body.