I am being such a pain...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dragon06, Dec 28, 2006.

1. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I was going to have to have surgery to have a very large cyst removed. This surgery will require me to have at least 1 ovary, 1 tube and the cyst removed with the possibility of a full hysterectomy.

I know it is normal to be worried and concerned about a surgery like this and also to be worried about the after effects of pain and whatnot.

But I feel like I am being a pain. It seems all I can think about or talk about is this surgery or something related to it. I feel sorry for the people who have to listen to me.

How do I get this off my mind, the surgery is still a week away.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you're thinking and talking of it all the time, its a major operation and operations major or not, are scary.

I had a hysterectomy many years ago, it was fine, best thing that could have happened to me. I had plenty of pain meds though.

Dont worry about other people, just think as positive as possible and get yourself through this. Come here and have a moan.

I hope it all goes well for you. Let us know.

3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Alot, it's nice to have a place to come and talk and not worry that people are going to callyou a hypochondriac or something. It's nice having people understand how you feel too.