Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by street129, Apr 23, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

i never thought a BLACK person could get this diease, but i have been a cfs from 1995. WOW.
    i use to had good days, but, whatever is going on is not good, i find the yeast treament, and taking nystatin for it, and can hardly eat is bad, cfs with talking something to help with that is bad also. because im having horrible naususa, and weakness, and im ill badly, so whenever i stop and restated, the illness return, how am i suppost to continue treatment stopping ans stating, this will take for years. i dont like it. i need conpassion.
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I don't have any advise for you,but you do have my sympathy. All we can do is keep trying different things. I know it's frustrating but you musn't give up. I will say many prayers for all of us. Hugs,Robin
  3. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

I'm jus t wondering,what does one's color/race have to do with this particular disease?~~~Jeanne
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Im yellow. (Asian) And i have cfs and depression. I dont think the disorder afflicts people of a certain colour.

You sound ill and i am so sorry. I did go through a period when i felt like you...nausea and all. But for me it was stress overload. I got better by going to a stomach doctor. I underwent some tests like endoscopy where they didnt find anyting really wrong. like cancer, I was afraid of it. I was so relieved after the tests, and the tranquilizer and antacid he gave me put me on the road to recovery.

Praying your this rough phase goes away and you will be well soon.

Do you think breathing exercises will help you?

They help me a lot.

God Bless
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think ours is an equal-opportunity illness. I'm sorry you have been so sick. Please don't give up. It usually takes a long time for us to get really sick and healing can be very slow. We have to wade through a whole array of options to help us, one at a time. Still, many of us have made progress, so it is possible.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Mikie
  6. teacher

teacher New Member

and saw your post.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well then. I hope you're in a better place now.

I'm with the others. Color doesn't matter. This frustrating illness knows no color, no gender, no age, no land of residence. It's a melting pot.

I became ill in 1989. I was not diagnosed until 2000.

Hang in there,

BTW, I'm black.

7. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

But I once had a hospital room mate who was very ill with sickle cell anemia. I wondered why a disease - any disease - would affect one race, but not another.
    I recently discovered there's a similar, but much more rare, anemia that only affect peeps of Irish descent (that would be me).

I find this whole concept to be quite mystifying.

But here, we are much more alike than different.