I am confused about my FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SleepyOne, Oct 22, 2002.

1. SleepyOne

SleepyOne New Member

Hi everyone. This is only my second posting, I think.

I am 29, female and had been going to a chiropractor for about 2 years. He mentioned FM. I researched further on my own and saw myself in many of the symptoms: 12 out of the 18 pressure sensitive points on my back/hips/etc. I feel like I have CFS also. When I do housework, even at a steady slow pace, my siatic nerve from my back, down my left buttock down the back left thigh. It really hurts. I also have a stone bruise on my left heel that wont go away.
    There are also a myriad of other symptoms like migraines, insomnia, etc etc etc.

I guess my question/concern/whatever is .... I guess I have very mild FM/CFS ??? I no where have any degree of the pain and immobility others describe on this board. From experience and learned knowledge, will I be looking forward to it worsening? Or is it at the level it's going to be at?

I am in Taylorsville, NC and work a little north in Wilkesboro, NC....and am having trouble finding Drs in the area. I have found others in neighboring towns/cities, but they are just too far away for me to go from work, etc. I lose enough days at work from migraines, I really can't afford to miss more going from Dr to Dr....though I know I really need to find someone very learned on this matter.

If there is anyone in the area, I would love to get in contact with you.

Thanks for reading this post.

Hugs, Barbara....the sleepyone :)
  2. SleepyOne

SleepyOne New Member

Hi everyone. This is only my second posting, I think.

I am 29, female and had been going to a chiropractor for about 2 years. He mentioned FM. I researched further on my own and saw myself in many of the symptoms: 12 out of the 18 pressure sensitive points on my back/hips/etc. I feel like I have CFS also. When I do housework, even at a steady slow pace, my siatic nerve from my back, down my left buttock down the back left thigh. It really hurts. I also have a stone bruise on my left heel that wont go away.
    There are also a myriad of other symptoms like migraines, insomnia, etc etc etc.

I guess my question/concern/whatever is .... I guess I have very mild FM/CFS ??? I no where have any degree of the pain and immobility others describe on this board. From experience and learned knowledge, will I be looking forward to it worsening? Or is it at the level it's going to be at?

I am in Taylorsville, NC and work a little north in Wilkesboro, NC....and am having trouble finding Drs in the area. I have found others in neighboring towns/cities, but they are just too far away for me to go from work, etc. I lose enough days at work from migraines, I really can't afford to miss more going from Dr to Dr....though I know I really need to find someone very learned on this matter.

If there is anyone in the area, I would love to get in contact with you.

Thanks for reading this post.

Hugs, Barbara....the sleepyone :)
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Perhaps they can help. Also, ask around your town and see if there's someone. Unfortunately, many of us living in urban areas have a hard time finding a good doc. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

FM seems to be different in most people.
    some can barely walk,others manage to hold down jobs and lead reasonably normal lives.everyone also has different ways of treating their conditions.from pharmacutical meds,to herbal and complimetary therapies.
    it isn't a condition where everyone has the same set of symptoms,or treatments,even though we share a lot of them.
    sometimes FM comes on slowly,mine did.other times it can come on suddenly after an accident or emotional trauma,it varies.
    your FM may never get worse,but there are no guarantees.
    have you actually been DX'd yet?

sybilxxx