I am crazy or the doc is

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by firefighter01, Jan 13, 2007.

1. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

Let's play a game. My pcp is a doc who is a know it all ego maniac! The right side of my heart is enlarged, but he says I shouldn't have symptoms from this. Now I know I am no doctor, but I have some training in emergency medicine and I would think symptoms would be present. Am I just crazy or what?! My pcp sounds like a lot of pcp's on here. All he is does is try to shove anti-depressants down my throat because I am "depressed". WOW! I'm not going to lie that felt good to get that out! :)
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

WOW!! Yet another case of cfs or fibro, and the doctor, instead of admitting he's "stumped", wants to hand out some funky brain drugs. Incidentally, MY "depression" was making me unable to walk, ha ha.

I've just posted this article for about 3 different posts already this morning. It's not too long, take a look; it really saved me. I was having heart palps and thinking I was going to have a heart attack every night for months.

A good mineral supplement along with what Cheney said was all I needed for my heart to be happy once again. We're all malnourshed, maybe it's just some simple minerals you need.

http://cheneyoncfids.blogspot.com/2006/05/cardiomyopathy.html

good luck!

karen

3. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

4. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Unfortunately, many Drs. will reach for the prescription pad when they don't know what the problem is. Many also assume that their patients are stupid and uneducated.

Finding a Dr. who is willing to admit that he doesn't know something but willing to do research on the subject is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Marie
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I have an enlarged heart and no symptoms from it.

If you are concerned, get an appt. with a cardiologist for a second opinion.

pcp's try to get fibro patients to take antidepressants because they are know to help alleviate pain. Elavil is especially good for that if you can take it.