I AM CRYING ALL OF THE TIME. DO YOU?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Dec 11, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Guys! It has been a while since I posted. I have been on the down side lately. I know that we all probably cry a lot because of our circumstances but lately I cry all of the time. I can't even be home without crying. I know I am depressed but I can't control my emotions. I feel like my brain is affected severely.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you have? CFIDs, Fibro, or Lyme.

Thanks for your help! I am sorry I haven't been much help lately.
    Hope
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I am on two. Cymbalta and Lexapro. Neither help. I was never like this before I got sick. This crying is something I can not control. I know that whatever I have is causing this effect on my brain just as it does with spelling and speech.

Thanks for asking.
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I am so so sorry you have been feeling so down lately...But I promise your not alone...I get the same way sometimes...It's like sometimes I just can not control my emotions at all...I have crying spells and can't seem to stop...sometimes not even sure why im crying.

I don't know if I can help much here but just want you to know your not alone!! I have CFS, FMS amoung other things...I began seeing a counsler...wish helps some to get all your emotions out etc.. Maybe something to think about!! Are you taking anything for depression? Please talk to your doctor about this..OK I suffer from Anxiety as well and Xanax has really helped me in alot of ways!!

Hope your feel better soon and keep your head up!!

(((((Hugs))))) & Prayers
    Bluerose
  4. darude

darude New Member

I think all part of these DD's more emotional! For me it's when I wake up in the morning stiff as a board and realize here we go again. More emotional this time of year too not being able to do what I used to. Usually fine during summer when can get out and about in nice weather but in this crap weather really confined to home unfortunately!
  5. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Hi,

I've never been a big cryer (it was not encouraged when I was a child). However, lately I have been very emotional. I find that I cry at a drop of a hat but only when it is for other people. I guess somehow I give myself permission to cry if it's not over my own situations!

-Kathi
  6. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi there! Yes Ive cried alot recently due to a year of sinus infections, yeast infections and herxheimer effects. Trying to get rid of yeast brings on the tears for me. Herxmeimer effects really get me crying. But at least I know what is causing it. Ive been on alot of antibiotics this year and I take acidophulus. The acidophulus and bifidus really helps with yeast. Anyone taking medication should take acidophulus and bifidus. I have to avoid sugar. I dont balance insulin well I was told by the doctors. My hormones are out of whack because I have Addison's disease 9adrenal gland exhaustion), another thing that can make you susceptible to crying. And of course, being depressed sometimes. I take SAMe for that, works great. They sell SAMe on this site. Now I have this inner ear imbalance which is really creating havoc with my head. Hope that goes away soon. Have you been tested for your adrenal glands or yeast problems? Good luck to you.
  7. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

im sorry hun, yes big time ! you might try some antidepressents. its reall the only thing that keeps me some what sain. good luck to you hugs ronda
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

I must tell you that Cymbalta made me more depressed, so you need to tell your doctor how depressed you are
  9. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I also find myself crying alot, I have fibro/ severe depression, etc. It is worse two weeks before period time!I also take cymbalta 120 mg I found out it helps more than I thought when I stopped taking it for awhile the crying got worse and also anxiety. Having to quit my job hasnt helped.
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but i get so easily stressd out about things and ijust can't handle things like "normals" but i try and do the best i can...i go to thereapy and tlake to friends and post here....

i was on cymbalta and it wasn't doing anything for me except cause myoclonic jerks, weight gain, depression may have been worse on it for me..i don't knowif some of it is the circumstance of my life...

but i am off from it now and i am not feeling as much hopeless at this point..but still depressed and yes i have been crying easily just thinking about things or watching t.v.

call your docotr if you haven't already and maybe he/she can try something new for you that may work better...

jdoei
  11. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hun i have cried a river with this dd mine erupted like a valcano horrible.tonight my daughterwas rubbing my back and she noticed the spot on my back where its very tender has gotten bigger?? anyone else have alot of swelling?im wondering if i shoud call my doctor.uggghhh hope you feel better soon hugs ronda
  12. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Last spring all I did was cry, just like you. I could be sitting in my backyard and start crying, or watching tv or cooking dinner. I was in a deep, deep depression due to my health and marriage problems. I have CFIDS, chronic migraine, myofasical pain on both sides of my traps, mid-back and neck, dizziness/balance problems, and more for five years, and marriage problems for at least ten years.

I ended up, in April, admitting myself into an inpatient treatment center for depression. I couldn't get out of bed, was in tears, and asked my kids to get my husband. When I told him I wanted to go to the hospital, he agreed and knew this time was coming at some point. I couldn't get myself to that hospital quick enough. Thankfully, it was a beautiful place in Pasadena - didn't feel like a hospital at all. I had a beautiful room with a view of the garden. The facility was on several acres of land that was landscaped with big trees and flowers. I was very lucky to be there.

I am glad I went. I met people who were in the same boat as me (though many didn't have the severity of health issues I have), but they were all severely depressed for one reason or another - men, too!! For once in my life, I didn't feel alone.

I was, and still am, very fortunate to have a great psychiatrist who visited me EVERY day and spent TIME with me. I never felt like he was in a rush to get to the next patient. It is imperative that you find a psychiatrist and get on some kind of antidepressant, and also find a good therapist you can talk to on a weekly basis. I know a lot of my depression stemmed from no one understanding how much pain, physical and mental, that I was in. I believe I had a nervous breakdown that morning when I couldn't get out of bed, and believe me, it was the worst feeling.

I hope you have good mental health insurance so that you can get your mental health in order. I am still depressed today, but not as severe as last spring. I take day by day, some days better than others. Everyone with chronic illness is depressed; who wouldn't be?????

I wish you the best, and believe me, with the right help and support, your crying spells will pass. I know it's hard to believe right now, but I'm not the toughest person, and if I can start feeling a little better, you can too!!

Huuuuggggsss!!

Jennifer

I'm sorry, I didn't see you were on Cymbalta and Lexapro. I agree with the other posters, sometimes these drugs can make you more emotional. I went into a "black hole" when I tried Lexapro - once I went off I was much better. You might be better off trying an antidepressant in another class. For me the SSRIs just screwed with my head.

[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2005]
  13. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I get in a crying spell when I am trying to do my everyday stuff and my body hurts so much that it really tries to best me down and stop me.I pray and try to keep going and then I usually end up crying.Tired of the pain and the fatigue.I also have depression and bipolar.Being on the manic side of bipolar you have so much you want to do and the drive to do it.But when you body just won't function for you and your mind becomes tired and sad it is hard not to cry.
    I would recommend you get into touch with your dr. hopefully a pscyh.I have a great one and she knows alot about FM and the depression that accompanies it.It might be worth a try to find a dr. that can focus on your emotional wellbeing.
    Let us know how yo are feeling.
    {{{{{HOPE}}}}}
  14. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Hope,
    I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I,too, used to cry a lot, especially in the morning. Every day I would cry.I have CFID, FMS, Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, and other things.

Then I started meditating. It was not so much a spiritual meditation, just relaxing and focusing on my breathing, to gain control of my mind. Well, it helped me feel better, somehow. Now I rarely cry. I'm a lot more peaceful.

Along with the meditation, I try every day to JUST BE with the way I'm feeling, and breathe it out, wishing happiness for myself, and then for others. This helps me get rid of anger.

I hope this helps.
    Hugs,
    Terry
  15. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Yes, I get this periodically. Sometimes it lasts for months and sometimes it last for days or weeks.I do not usually feel depressed when I get it and I don't take antidepressants for it as I am very sensitive to pills and for me it is not similar to depressed feelings that I have felt in the past. It does clear up although I did have it for almost a year at one time.
    ruby
  16. swamper

swamper New Member

Hope~What a beautiful name!!!! I am older than you by a few years and found myself crying as you described. I have had CFIDS and FM since the early 90's and am housebound.... what I found out when I really began the crying spells was that I was hypoglycemic!!! The awesome physician I see, truly listened when I described my situation and ordered a 2 hour glucose tolerance test, amongst numerous other tests....What a difference it made for me when we discovered the low blood sugar!!! Changing my diet made a huge difference (even though I am/was very careful at the time, knowing what was causing some of the tears helped me to be even more aware of what and when I eat).....now I am fully into peri-menopause and fight the tears but not to the extent I did before the diagnosis....I hope this will help you consider other possibilities to those posted...with comfort, love and empathy
  17. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Swamper-

I am hypoglycemic but have never been told that it caused the tears. They just started not so long ago and I was dx w/ hypoglycemia in 91. Very interesting. I will have to talk w/ my doctor about that.

Thanks,
    Hope