I am done in at the moment

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caring, Apr 14, 2002.

1. caring

caring New Member

and trying not to give up but let go.

What a wk-end this has been.

Friday my son got married, a very private wedding his children only attended. But my upset was not the wedding or not being able to attend but having them all at my table a couple hours before and even asking when the wedding was going to happen and getting told maybe Nov!!!! I was deeply hurt and really had a hard time showing love and happieness when they came back that night and told us they were married!!!

Next came my 60th birthday which is today and all in all that was a okey. Then also today my granddaughter got confirmed for which we traveled. This was very stressful as it was in my faith Catholic and my husband is not Catholic and neither or my children or my new dr-in-law. So why is my granddaughter? her father is catholic. Anyway, sometimes I feel I'm alone on a ship in my religion and that's how I felt mostly today even with the cathedral totally full.

I decided about a half hour ago to check my e-mail and found one from one sister telling me that my oldest sisters cancer is back, this time in her chest so that is the main reason for this post. My sisters name is Barbara and I ask for prayer for her and her doctors that she will go to on Wed.

So I thank all for the birthday greetings on the board and ask that maybe someone that reads this will post my thank you there for me as I weep for my sister.

I thank all for the e-mail greetings too.

I have much to be grateful for and the least not being the people here who I know will storm Our Father with prayers that my sister be spared if it is His will.

I must go now as I no longer can type through my tears.

Love and continued prayers for you all.
    Pat
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Pat,
    I certainly will pray for Barbara and also for you to feel God's loving presence with you.

You really have had a stressful weekend but glad you hear you had a somewhat Happy Birthday. I hope you can get some needed rest now.

Love and prayers,
    Harmony

P.S. I posted your birthday "thank-you" for you.
  3. Deb J

Deb J New Member

I will pray for her and I hope that everything turns out OK. Sounds your emotions have been pushed and pulled all weekend. I suppose we have to take the bad with the good but you really don't have to do it in one weekend. You poor dear. Try to get some rest and keep yourself healthy.
    Hugs,
    deb
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be in prayer for your sister Barbara, and for you and your family.

Sometimes these burdens hit us all at once. But the Lord is always right there for us, just ask Him to take the burdens, and to give you His peace while He works His wonders for you.

I do this all the time, I ask Him (He said to 'cast our burdens upon Him, as we are weak and He is strong)to take the hurt, the grief,or anything that is bothering me, and I will feel the most amazing sense of peace you can imagine.

God bless, and be assure of our prayers for your dear sister.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. RainbowDawn

RainbowDawn New Member

Hello Pat,
    I'm sorry your burden's are so heavy right now and I'll pray to the good Lord to lighten them for you. Hold strong to your faith and He will see you through even the darkest hour.
    I'm new so you probably don't know who I am, but I hope in time to get to know all of you.
    Take care, RainbowDawn

(It's alway's darkess before the dawn of a new day before the morning sun washes away the rain and then....the Rainbow comes).
  6. kasha

kasha New Member

DEAR PAT, MAY THE LORD SURROUND YOU AND YOUR SISTER WITH HIS EVERPRESENT LIGHT AND LOVE. KEEP YOUR FAITH AND YOUR PRAYERS WILL BE ANSWERED ACCORDING TO GOD'S WILL. I ALWAYS QUESTION WHY EVERYTHING SEEMS TO COME AT ONCE. THAT WE WILL NEVER FIND OUT AND ONLY TO BELIEVE IN THE LIGHT THAT SHINES FROM ABOVE AND THIS WILL KEEP US ALL GOING. PRAYERS TO YOU AND YOUR SISTER. KATHY
  7. Dazee

Dazee New Member

Hi Pat,
    to be found even when it seems you are so weary from the burdens that you cannot endure another hour. The Lord is your strength. Turn to Him during this time of anxiety. Lean into and onto Him and your burden will be lifted..there is such an uplifting of your spirit when you just give all your cares to Him.

I am a new friend but can see you have many here who will also pray for you and your sister, Barbara. Be comforted in the knowledge that you are never alone....