I am dying in a flare up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

I feel so bad. I honestly don't know what is instigating this thing. I honestly feel I should be on disability. Doubtful I would ever win though. It feels like my body is allergic to itself.

Anyone else ever feel that way?
  2. toughone

toughone New Member

That is exactly how I describe this DD--my body feels like it is allergic to itself. I have been going in and out of flares constantly since May--they are really nasty ones, too--pain gets worse with every one (if that's possible). I sit and wonder how a person can be in so much pain if they aren't dying. It's amazing that we stay conscious at times, huh?

I'm with you --I don't know what keeps feeding these flares. Stress is high right now, but I've handled it before without flaring every single day for months. I might get a couple of days where the pain eases slightly but then here it goes again.

Please know that you are not alone. I don't know if that helps, but I'm fairly new here and I feel better just knowing and "talking" to others who suffer with all of this. I don't feel quite so alone anymore.

Take care and know there are others who care...

Bonny
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Sorry you are feeling so bad

I have used those exact words to describe my symptoms - nobody but somebody with FMS or CFS would understand this though

Hang in there!
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Don't know what to do with myself. I am sure the stress of losing a job etc is not helping. I heard there is a blacklist now that insurance companies keep that potential employers can view to keep people like us from getting a job.

Nothing seems to calm the pain when it flares like this. I have taken every painkiller OTC I can and nada.

Take care
  5. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

How else could there be this much pain?

It is crazy!
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

Please keep your hopes up. I've had those days too. Doubting if I'd ever get what we should get automaticly. But of course we have to fight very hard for the "privlige" to be on disability.

The allergic thing, yeah, feels like every system is attacking the others. Horrid feeling! I know it won't go away, but this flare will pass. PLEASE don't give up on what is rightfully yours, disability. These DD do disable most of us. You're not alone hun.

Sending you hugs and hoping you feel better soon!

Deanna
  7. 143alan

143alan New Member

I know exactly how you feel because just today I was having the very same thoughts. I had to call out sick from work today because I was in so much pain when I woke up that I simply could not function.

If you've already lost your job definantly don't give up on your disability claim if you have already filed one. If you haven't you may want to go ahead and do it. Someone else mentioned some really good tips that help and I see every day in my job as a caseworker that SS will approve a case a lot quicker when the applicant has any type of mental/emotional diagnoses; especially bipolar (I personally feel like everyone has this to some degree).

Hang in there, you're at the right place for people who listen and know what you're going through.
    Nancy
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

As I recall you're moving too, aren't you? That's very hard even for healthy people.

If you think you should be on disability, apply as soon as you get to where you're going. It takes time and you might be denied a couple of times (several denials seem designed into the program to sort out the slackers) but don't give up and don't assume you won't get help. Kholmes didn't think he'd get a scooter either but I assume he's now buzzing merrily around town.

And I think you're exactly right about the brain thing!

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  9. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I'm dying in a flare too (only it seems to have lasted for a year, so calling it a flare may be a misnomer). I can totally relate. Trying to describe this pain is hard to do in terms of what the average "joe" feels on a daily basis. As I type, my hands are tingling and falling asleep (lots of typos to correct), my thighs and calves are aching and burning and crawling with a creepy unnerving cold dead skin sensation, it feels like someone has taken a chaninsaw to my buttocks, my upper arms feel like someone hacked them off at the shoulders, and would someone please remove this axe wedged between my soulder blades?

Try going to work (with a classroomfull of 2nd graders) like that, ha!! I just left my teaching job of 17 years becasue I could no longer "fake" that I was just fine. I'm in the process of waiting to hear back from the state and federal people on disability. I hear it will be a long wait and that chances are I'll be denied. Then we have a lawyer waiting in the wings to represent me.

I wish you the best of luck, and I wish I could take away all your pain. You are very brave to get through each day in your condition.
    Mini
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you getting fired works in your favor..

go do it...

jodie
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Although I have narcotic medication for pain relief, I had to add alternatives to actually get some relief.

I know most men are not as enthused with a bath but if you would try that and add several cups of Epsom or Dead Sea Salts, it might give you relief. It really helps me and many others.

Massage by someone that is knowledge of our disease that knows how to release trigger points has been a life saver for me.

Make your bed as comfortable as possible. I found I have I have to sleep on a soft feather pillow and lay in one position or I will feel like I have been beat by a stick. I use 6 pillows to make a nest for me.

I also added the supplements of magnesium and malic acid. They seem to help me. Of course I do not know if they mix with other meds you are taking.

((((Healing Hugs to You)))
  12. bluevenice

bluevenice New Member

Has anyone had a very bad infection such as hepatitis or any other that makes you feel very, very sick, with fever-like symptoms (but no high fever at all), nausea, aching all over and so fatigued that you can hardly move? This is how I frequently feel. It's like if my body is trying to fight some bad infection or illness, but there is no infection at all. I think that in FMS there must be some kind of autoimmunity that scientists have not found yet (or don't want to recognize).
    I wonder if all the FM patients feel the same. I would like to know if these symptoms are what doctors describe as flare-ups. If you feel the same, please let me know what your doctor has told you about this.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]