I AM FINALLY HOME AGAIN!!!! and fixed the video link

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello Everyone-

As most of you know I lost my house in a fire on Jan 10th and have been living in a hotel, which was great, it was a nice transition while trying to recover from losing everything in my home and Missy and Smitten. Twy woke me up and saved my life, she jumped out the window with me but for some reason Missy went back into my bedroom and I couldn’t get her, she was found under my bed the next day. I had her cremated and Smitten was never found, there was no way I could have found her that night.

So after 2 months Twy and I are home again, I bought a small double wide and put it right back where my other house was. I still need to buy more furniture and am waiting for my custom made sofa, that was my real treat to my self and my whirlpool J. It has been an exhausting process and you can’t imagine what it takes to rebuild your life and replace the things you can and know there are some things that will never be replaced.

I am dealing with the home sales people over my yard and the damage they did to it but over all I am happy to be home on my hill again. This will make my life much simpler and hopefully have more time to live my life with new everything, no more repairs, it is all covered for the first year.

I am looking forward to getting back to my painting and picture taking and my rides on the cart with Twy. I am also planning my trip to Germany in Oct/Nov as Haley, my granddaughter just found out her and her husband are having a baby- yes I will be a GREAT grandma. Where did all those years go? I clearly remember the day Haley was born and now she is having a baby!

I am sorry I have not been around but I know you understand, I appreciate all the support so many of you have given me, it is truly appreciated, so thank you for being a part of my life-I have truly missed coming here and hope to be back more regualary now. I have been blessed to be alive and have so many wonderful people care about me-I look forward to hearing about what you all have been up too, I just not been able to come here at all the last month or so but will be back soon- I am actually going to the movies and dinner with a long lost GF tomorrow to see Alice and Wonderland- i kind feel like I have lived that life already-LOL Carla

here is the right video of my new house- sorry i was still logged in when I copied and pasted so you would have had to be logged in as ME to see it =LOL oh watch if you want :p

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2010]
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

....I don't believe we've met, but I was very touched by your post. I am sorry that you have had to go through such a thing. I cannot even imagine what the past 2 months must have been like for you. You have a very special dog and are lucky to have her. As a cat lover, I was sorry to read about you kitties.

It sounds like you are doing a good job of putting your life back together again. Keep it up and keep that trip to Germany in your sights!!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to see ya back again! You have been missed.

I hope you'll be able to settle down now and get back to your art and racing around
    the hills w/ copilot Twyla.

Tried the Youtube address, but it doesn't seem to be the right one. I'm going to just
    search for your name.

If you were a little closer, I'd bring you my tuna casserole as a homewarming gift.

Well, I searched for ckballl. The above is the site for the model
    of your new home.

And you practicing your Deutsch? Guten Morgan is good morning. Bitte
    is please. Auf wiedersehen is see you again. (I think. Over half
    a century ago when I war ein Deutschen studenten.)
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I read about your poor house. I am so happy that you are back together...practically!

A trip to Germany. How lovely. Rock will help you for sure with your German.

Domkauf equius is what we used to call each other as kids.

I don't think the spelling is correct. The first word is Stupid and the other word is an animal in the horse family.

Congrats on the new great grandbaby!!

5. ckball

ckball New Member

I did something wrong with the video and will re-post it after it is fixed. They have changed some things since I last posted a video. I couldn'e even find it until I logged back in lol.

The ole brain has been pushed for sure lately- Thanks for the warm welcome back, I have missed you guys too-fill me in what you are doing too.

Nice me to meet you Heavenly- I have been here about 6 years but not as much since my house fire, there are some great people here. Carla
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

It's wonderful to hear that you're rebuilding your life with your new home. You so deserve some peace and harmony.

Im sure you're very anxious to get back to your painting! That must be your 'place' to go.

Before long, you'll be able to plant some flowers etc. and really enjoy your home and everything around it.

It's nice to see you back here!

AND GOOD FOR YOU for treating yourself to a new SOFA! =)

7. victoria

victoria New Member

Glad you're finally able to start settling in and making it 'home' again! I know this has been quite a journey to get back to being 'normal' again, and I'm betting you're happy this is all finally wrapping up. You're just in time for spring, to begin again with planting and painting everything... sounds like you're feeling pretty good too!?!

Neat, you're gonna be a grandma... I know it's going to be a long time before I'm even a grandma, actually it debatable if that will ever happen LOL at the rate things are going, but just as well in my kids' cases. And getting to go to Germany, wow how neat!!!

take care of yourself and Twyla!

all the best,

8. ckball

ckball New Member

yes it has been a tought road, my BP went up to 165/85 and gained 9 pounds, I aksed her waht se expected, I had been a little stessed=lol THere were times when I didn't think I could carrying this out with Haley's help but without it had been very hard. I spent $60 at the dolllare store-lol then had to come home and put it where it needed to go.

I already am a grandma- I am going to be a GREAT grandmaa- yep that is right, She will be due in Oct/Nov- I am hoping for early Oct.

Thanks for the welcome back. Off to bed and hope tomorrrow is a good day for awl-Carla

Hey Spacee- glto hear you are still her,
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say hi again , now on the Porch. Glad that you are finally in your new place. Big congrats to both you and Haley. Both should be very exciting , that includes movingi nto your nice new place and fixing it all up. That is wonderful. I am sure Twy is happy too and ting used to her new space too.
    Have to go later to check your video. It is already time to leave for church. So, I need to leave in a few minutes. Hope to get back later to check your vido to get the tour.

This afaternoon is practice for part of Holy Week alng with the funeral of our dear Pastor that just died of cancer. Last night was the Str. Pat's party that he started.when he came. They even had Irish danacers, very good. I love to watch them esp those little ones who are already pretty good and probably started when they started walking :) !! This Tuesday is the funeral which should be so sad. Tomorrow is the vigil or sort of a viewing at the church. I have never been to one before for a Priest. He was soo special !

Gotta run sweetie and welcome back. I am looking forwards to seeing more of you on the Porch .

10. kjade

kjade New Member

Hi CK...I was so sorry to read about the fire awhile back. That must have been awful for you and very traumatic. But I am very happy to see that you are getting everything back together, and you certainly sound like you are in great spirits! Good for you!
    And congrats on being a great grandma! :)
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I thought I saw it on your fist post but then again I cann not find it since you probably fixed it. It may be under my nose right now but still can't find it.

Gotta run to choir practioce for the funeral this afternoon as well as Holy Thursday.

12. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Your new place is beautiful! Congratulations!

You are such an inspiration for anyone facing adversity. Be proud of yourself. Oh, and Twyla too!!

Congrats again--

13. springwater

springwater Active Member

Just took the tour of your house. Im flabbergasted. It is so beautiful! Fell in love
    with the kitchen. Its so homey and big and airy. Loved those decorations on the
    wall. That big platter with the smaller ones surrounding it and the little table and
    chairs. And the big airy bathroom with that huge mirror. And that wonderful couch,
    oh everythng, I guess.

Youve put plants and all and it looks so welcoming and comfortable, truly
    a home and not just a house. I can just imagine Haleys little one scampering around
    when she makes a visit later on as im sure she will.

Twyla must be thrilled too. Lots of space to romp around.

Cheers to when you finally move in!

(It was nice to hear your cheery voice on the utube again)

God Bless

14. victoria

victoria New Member

Your home is looking great! and Twyla is one of the best-behaved dogs I've ever seen, I must say!

LOL, I know you're going to be a great-grandma, lucky you, and why I was laughing because I'm nowhere near being even a grandma! - it was my usual 'typrose', my new word for leaving out parts of what I want to say, misusing words entirely, & typos...

all the bet,

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2010]
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm so glad to hear that your home again back up on the hill!!,,,,Your doing a wonderful job gal!,,,,,I know this can't be easy on you ,,I've tried to get to your link and haven't had any luck ,,,,,it's probably just my PC.,,,,,God Bless you and Twyla and i hope you get settled into your new home very soon!,,,,,,love ...sis
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

Here is the link again, there was a problem and I ended up posting the same video twice.

Spring I think you watched the wrong video, I had one up that was the model house, I have no plants or wall decor on my house. I took that one down so not to confuse anyone.

Sis, Lgp, Granni, Victoria, Rock thanks so much for the welcome back and congrats on the new addition to my family. I am still adjusting to the idea that I will be a great grandma.

I have skype and love being able to see her and talk to her face to face, but I want to be there when that little baby is born.

Well I spent 3 hours at Wallies, 2 hours on the phone with my ins co trying to get my meds-the fire really threw everything off and it has been a pain but overall I have been doing better than I thought I could. There were times where I was ready to throw in the towel but somehow I got threw it. God provided is all I can say. Thanks again for your freindships-Carla

17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You did good!!!!!! It's beautiful, comfy looking and just the right size for you and Twy.

I love what you've done and your kitchen turned out great too!

18. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

You've come a long way, thank goodness you can begin to settle in and begin to relax.

Thanks for sharing your videos. Beautiful country scenery too. Feel fortunate being surrounded by such beauty.

Good to know you are back

19. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Very nice house!!!! Cute doggy too!

I love your taste in furniture. Looks like a really cozy place to live. You deserve this time to relax now. A lot can be done later. Beautiful pieces of furniture! The living room looks like a great place to nap! Love the jacuzzi tub/shower!

Thanks for sharing this with me and us!

I am thinking I might post a video on my new place, but the furniture won't be as nice. Maybe I should go to some estate sales.

Fight :)
  20. victoria

victoria New Member

That TV by the jacuzzi!!!!!

AND I love all the great antiques you found... I was never that lucky!