I am flying to US tomorrow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dbhughes, Jan 20, 2006.

1. dbhughes

dbhughes New Member

I am flying to San Francisco tomorrow to stay with my son and daughter-in-law,for 4 weeks, I am soooooo looking forward to it,I have not seen my son for a long time now,
    I am also going to meet DHL mother for the first time!!!!
    So all very new to me Also my son has arranged for me to see a Dr, It will intersting for me to see the difference as have only seen Drs in UK.
    Love Delphine
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Want to welcome you to the U.S. I have heard that San Francisco...is a beautiful place.

Hope that you enjoy your visit!

MamaR
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I live about 300 miles north of San Francisco in Eureka, CA. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I just want you to know we are having a very rainy winter here on the northern California coast. Also, it has been quite cold and windy. SF may be a bit better than here, but not much. I hope the weather turns better for your stay. Just be sure to bring an umbrella, raincoat, etc. I don't know what the weather is like where you live, but just thought I'd give you a head's up.

I am a native Californian and I love our state. Do enjoy your time meeting your DIL's mother and visiting with your son. How hard to have him so far away. The trip will be hard, but I'll bet seeing him and his wife again will be worth it. I, too, have grown sons, one who lives in Seattle, WA. It's wonderful to see him when we can.

Take care!

Sue
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I LOVE San Francisco!! It's so colorful and delightful!! Watch out for the locals though.. (just kidding!)
    Really though.. There is no place like San Francisco so don't judge the whole country based on it.. Where I live is flat out boring!!
    Make sure you see China town and the wharfs.. Girradeli square.. Lombard street.. You are in for a real treat!
    Oh and you have to have Clam Chowder in a Sour Dough Bowl at the wharf.. OH and ride a CABLE CAR!!! And take the boat trip to Alcatraz.. see the female impersonators at Finnocios..
    I only live 4 hours from San Francisco but haven't got to go in the longest time..
    Oh and Golden Gate Park too!!!
    Have fun!!
    There are actually some awesome learning hospitals close by.. Stanford is less then an hour.. St. Marys in San Fransisco is a great facility..
    Hugs!
  5. dbhughes

dbhughes New Member

Thank you all for your good wishes and tips, My son has used his Air Miles to upgrade me to BA Club World Business class the seat is reclinable and becomes a bed! so I shall be well looked after, He has also arranged for a wheelchair to take me from the plane, I can hardly wait to see him, He is alovely son to have, and is very caring to me, Thanks again for all tour good wishes,
    Love delphine
  6. BethW

BethW New Member

Delphine, I am so happy for you - such joy it will be for you to see your son. I have an adult son who lives far away - not as far away as yours - but I know how thrilled you will be. It sounds like you will have a very comfortable trip with that special recliner and help at the airport. I hope you can get some help from the doctor too. Just know we are all thinking of you and know your visit will be a wonderful one. We can't wait to hear all about it. Welcome to the US!

Love and hugs,
    Beth
  7. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Delphine,

I hope you have a wonderful time.

I used to have a friend with your name, she was from London and a real doll. I miss her, have lost touch over the years.

Anyway, welcome to the states and enjoy your trip!!
  8. dbhughes

dbhughes New Member

I leave for the airport in 1/2 an hour, Thank you all again for your lovely massages, and tips,
    Love and hugs
    Delphine
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i live in marin county, novato...if you feel like a pretty drive go north to the wine country...and up in healdsburgh is a real nice microbrewery called the bear republic...they ahve a fice star chef they stole from san francisco fine restuarant...food and erviceis great..and if you drink beer or hard ciders that brew the best...i know the owners and their kid went to germany to learn how to brew from the best brewmaster...and they make their own rootbeer and cream soda...

well iknow your family will keep you busy enough...montery is nice to and capitola down by santa cruz....

enjoy

jodie