I am frustrated and cant sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by trygtcope, Jun 24, 2006.

1. trygtcope

trygtcope New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, also Osteo arthritis and osteoporosis. I am 46 yrs old, Female and have been active all my life. After reading the message boards and realized that I have been in self denial about applying for social security disability. I am so tired of fighting, but will not give up. Over the past 2 yrs. I have quit several jobs because my body can not hold up. I cant sleep most nights no matter what I take to help. I take Ambien and still can not sleep, my body "HURTS" and the fatigue is horrible.I called in to work yesterday because I slept maybe 2 hours at the most, in pain all night from working only 6 hours this paticular day and I dred working today because I feel absolutely awful. I cry because I am no longer able to work as I have since I was 15 yrs old. I have been blessed with 3 beautiful Grandchildren and used to spend most of my spare with them.I love them dearly. I now find myself avoiding them because I simply cant hold out. My daughter is very understading, but somehow I feel guilty because I never had the pleasure of having Granparents. All I know is that I have to accept this and let God carry me through this as I could not have made it this far without him. Sorry so long and any encouragement is kindly appreciated as I am feeling very low today.
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I have no great words of wisdom, I just want to welcome you to the board. As you can tell from reading all the threads we are all in the same leaky boat. Do you have a good doctor for your FM because that REALLY helps!

Sorry you have to have this crap but I'm glad you found us,
    Hugz,
    Tona
  3. jole

jole Member

I know how that goes, believe me. I wish I had a magic phrase to help, but I don't. There is nothing worse than feeling like you do, and especially not wanting to be around your grandchildren. I have days like that also, and it's the hardest thing to understand as they are the light of my life, as I'm sure they are yours.

There will be better days, and if you can slow down with work hopefully things will improve. That's where I am also, and hoping it helps. I just went to 4 days, and will see if that helps. If not, I will need to quit as much as I don't want to and need insurance.

But, we also need to feel good about being alive, and find something to enjoy. It's really hard to enjoy anything when all our time is spent in bed or at work, right?

Just do what is right for you. All of us need different things to be happy. But we all need to feel live and give love back to someone, and if we're completely exhausted it's hard to do. Take care of yourself -

Friends -
    Jole
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Making a transition from being a well and active person to someone with a chronic illness can be difficult.

I relate to your difficulty with working. I worked hard all my life but had to leave the workplace in 2000 due to the severity of fibromyalgia symptoms and other health issues. Leaving work was a difficult thing to do but I had no choice in the matter. Though money is tight now and I miss working, my quality of life has improved since I've been off work and away from the responsibility, demands and stress.

I don't have grandchildren yet but I know how exhausting small children can be as we have several nieces and nephews who visit frequently. God bless them, they take a lot of energy, something I'm always short on.

I'm glad you have a faith in God. My faith is important to me also. I've learned that God will carry me places I could never walk alone.

There is much you can do to feel better and being here on this website is a good start. Since I've been reading and posting here I've learned a lot about how to cope with this illness (including information about different medications, stress reduction, combating depression and keeping a positive outlook, letting go of toxic people, practicing good sleep hygiene, massage therapy, the importance of exercise and stretching, eating healthy foods and how to pace myself).

With God's help, I know you'll find better days ahead.

god bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. trygtcope

trygtcope New Member

Thank you so much for the advice. I will try to find the books you mention. I just get frustrated as you all on the boards do and I have been reading them for a week. I have a positive attitude and searching for answers to help me live as normal as possible. God can carry me through anything and will do so. I already feel much better knowing people care. i am going to apply for Disability this week and have a supportive Dr. Hope to talk to you soon.
  6. Scapper

Scapper New Member

So sorry to hear of your struggle.....but very happy you found this board.

As stated above, we're all in the same leaky boat, that sums it up so perfectly.

If you haven't already done so, you can do a search for "sleep" or "insomnia" and I'm sure you will find something of benefit. I know my pain is even worse without sleep, as you are experiencing. For me it has taken time, patience and trial & error to find what works, since we all react differently. The board has helped me tremendously in finding alternatives for sleep.

Hang in there and definitely let us know how you are :)

scapper
  7. patsie

patsie New Member

I had been on Klonopin for many years and that helped me sleep; for pain I used Tramadol but that really mixes up my head. Tonite I will try again the Zanaflex, muscle relaxant.

You will really need meds to get thru the tough parts of pain. Also, really check into the diet plan of no sugar, no white flour,no dairy, but large quantities of veggies and fruits, use soy. I think this is largely diet for yeast related conditions which I believe fibro is.

I hope you find this post and get really busy with diet first of all and get rid of all the yeast build-up you can. I am doing this now. I think it is starting to work. If I am successful, you can bet I will announce it in big letters to all on the board.

Good luck, sorry about that lack of sleep. It hurts to be that way.
  8. trygtcope

trygtcope New Member

I will certainly try this and let you know if it helps.
    Thanks
  9. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

you can learn alot of good things here, i am fairly new....its nice too know i am not alone....even if at times i feel that way.....

hope you have some better days
  10. trygtcope

trygtcope New Member

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have better days at times but always seem to have aching and pain. The fatigue is what is so hard to deal with. Having a pleasant day today.
    I wish you well.