I am getting so much worse with pain + tiredness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Dec 6, 2002.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

Hope I can catch someones interest with this. So far I have not been too successful and I really need some input. My pain is getting so much worse and the dead tiredness has finally put me in bed in the afternoons. Is this a progressive disease that will eventually incapacitate you? I can almost fall off a chair on my face and sway back and forth catching my balance when I stand in one place very long. I am on oxycontin,neurontin and lortabs for break thru pain. Could I possibly have cfs as well as fibro? I have never really had a concrete (as close as can be done). The pain in my hands + fingers is getting almost unbearable even with the meds. Thanks for any help. I`m really down with all this as it gets worse + worse.
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

Hope I can catch someones interest with this. So far I have not been too successful and I really need some input. My pain is getting so much worse and the dead tiredness has finally put me in bed in the afternoons. Is this a progressive disease that will eventually incapacitate you? I can almost fall off a chair on my face and sway back and forth catching my balance when I stand in one place very long. I am on oxycontin,neurontin and lortabs for break thru pain. Could I possibly have cfs as well as fibro? I have never really had a concrete (as close as can be done). The pain in my hands + fingers is getting almost unbearable even with the meds. Thanks for any help. I`m really down with all this as it gets worse + worse.
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am suffering worse too, hands, everything you said but different meds, I am sure we will hear from others.

Jaci
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Wish I could give you a definitive answer, but I don't believe there are any. My experience has been one of ups and downs for the past 15 years or so. I have days when just breathing is more than I can manage, yet have others (fewer & farther between) when I actually feel pretty good. Have you had a tilt table test? My doctor wants me to have that and blood work for vitamin D deficiency. She thinks that might lead to my balance problems which sound like they might be similar to yours. I don't have pain in my hands or fingers, but what I do have is a new sensation of having spider webs all over them. This just started a couple weeks ago. I do hope that you get some help soon.
    Kathryn
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

It sounds to me like you may have dysautonomia. That could easily be causing the balance problems and increased fatigue also. There are some good articles on this in the library at this site. You might also want to check orthostatic intolerance and neurally mediated hypotension.

I hope you find some answers soon.

Barbara