I am going crazy, Please help! Now what else!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

My dad made it through surgery but is in alot of pain. Please keep him in your prayers.

I have been in so much strees lately I wish I was all over. This with my father and now I went to the doctor on Monday and he told me I have kidney stones. He referred me to the Urologist for today. Went into the appointment today and I was treated very rude. This doctor said he could not see what my doctor was telling me because he sees no test that says I have kidney stones. The doctor Monday said I have one one each kidney.

What the heck is going on? I am at wits end right now.

I have my dad in ICU and I have been hurting so bad and told I have kidney stones. THink I am going to have some relief now and this doctor wanted to know what I was in there for.

I feel like screaming or crying or both.

Blessings, Christina
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Did the urologist have ANY explanation for you? Did he attempt to consult with your doctor? How confusing is that???

I hope you find the answer you need. I would contact your drs office.

Kelly
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

if the urologist didnt take a scan or anything how does he know??? You have to ask your doctor to sort this out especially when you are in so much pain.

I hope your dad recovers soon.

love
    Rosie

4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Christina,
    This must be so hard for you. Your stress level is high and this makes it even worse.
    It will all work out. Have a good cry if you need to; it is actually good for us to cry. Then take a deep breath.
    Your Dad has passed the biggest hurdle and he is recovering. I know you are grateful for that.
    When you are ready, go back to your Doc. and find out where the misunderstanding is re the kidney stones.

You are in my thoughts.

Kathy.
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

Babe...I know just how you feel! Me too...when it rains (trauma), it pours, it seems!

Your father will definitely be in my prayers.

As for you...My suggestion is to deal with the issues with your father right now. The idiot doctor doesn't DESERVE any of your upset (easy for me to say, I know...I let them get under my skin too! But I do try to "slow myself down" if I see that my upset with moronic doctors is causing me more pain and upset...which is always is! LOL) at this critical junction with your father's health.

Take a few deep cleansing breaths, and just tackle these issues one at a time. I'm in midst of MAJOR marital issues (like...major!) and dealing with worst pain I've had yet over last few weeks...yesterday doc told me I am no longer allowed to drive (so am now officially housebound!, and yesterday I was having such a hard time walking I finally had to bite the bullet and buy a cane. I'm a 30 year old newlywed! AARGH!!! But I know how it is when problems just SNOWBALL and before you know it, you're at the bottom and the avalance is upon you....

If deep breaths don't work, you need to scream a bit. In my humble opinion, scream therapy is waaay underrated.

Go outside, as private as you can (for me in my backyard, in semi secluded spot where I'm hidden from view, but certainly can be heard! LOL I live in a sort of ritsy neighborhood...my neighbors think I'm a total loon, I'm sure!)and SCREAM your head off for as long as it takes for you to feel better, or empowered instead of helpless, or until you're so limp you feel like a rag doll. Best time is at night, shortly before you go to bed, and you'll sleep better than you have in a long while, and actually wake up and start to see some SOLUTIONS, or at least a litte bit of solace, whereas right now all you see is the big old mess around you.

Go scream it off, seriously. You will feel better. And hey...if it doesn't make you feel at least 10% better, you can page me and scream at me! LOL

I'm so sorry.....I'm in the midst of life's little joke on me, too. But all you can do is breathe deep and start fixing, one tiny step at a time.

Hope,
    Rachel
  6. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I did call my referring doctor's office and ask what happened. My doctor's nurse said that the urologist had no right to say the things he did and that the doctor has documents to back up the things he is saying otherwise he would not have told them to me.
    The ironic thing is that both of the doctor's practice in the same office. The nurse said that the urologist should have contacted them if he had questions or go down to their office and talk not go ahead and make the patient feel they did not have a clue. The urolist looked at me and thought I was crazy.
    Then above all things I forgot to get a note for my work, since I am on intermittent family leave. I called my boss to tell her what was going on and she was actually very sympathetic to the whole thing. She was very understanding and even asked how my father was doing. Surprise, Surprise.
    I asked my boss (kidding) if she had any stress pills that I could get. Her response was that she was keeping them all to herself. She then told me she was in a car accident this morning.

My gosh what is going on with my life????

Thank you orachel I think I will go out and scream for a while. Hope it helps.

I am gald I have you all. :)

Blessings, Christina
  7. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

i have a question for you, did the urologist do a kub,xray. that should show kidney stones in kidney,ureter,and bladder. a cat scan can also be done with dye or without. i am very concerned that the urologist seemed in different about. i had a great urologist and still lost a kidney to stones. my urologist i see here, was at alose on what to do with left kidney nothing seemed to stop the growth. i ended up going to cleveland clinic and they removed the left kidney that was totally calcified, and right kidney had to be reconstructed, due to birth defect. didn't know i had.

My concern for you is deep, i know what it is like to have stones, it is no picnic.
    My prayers go out for you and your father, i hope he has a speedy recovery.
    bless you
    becca