I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Dec 6, 2005.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

"Ok" the circumstances are just awful!

I just found out today, and.......... I already love him! "YES" it is a boy!

I got a phone call when I got to work today, and it was one of my oldest son's previous girlfriends, "yes" I said PREVIOUS!

She told me I'm going to be a GRANDMA!

I was hysterical at first, and cried like a little baby myself.................... that I had to hear it from her that way.............. and the hurt I felt was beyond words because my son didn't tell me himself, because we are VERY close!( not to mention the fact that she is 6 months pregnant, and I JUST found out)!

My son and this girl broke up a few months back, it never was a "serious" relationship.................so this really was an accident!

My Grandson is due in 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam sad that my son does NOT like this girl anymore, in fact he wishes that this wasn't happening.............but we all make mistakes and I'm not going to let this one stop me from loving my Grandson,or from being a part of his life!

This is bittersweet..........but Iam so excited.PLEASE be excited with me!

Love and hugs..............
    DoxyGrandma! LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and it's so nice that you have the right attitude - he's your Grandson whatever the circumstances. I would feel exactly the same.

Lucky you.

love
    Rosie
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

Oh Doxy, how wonderful for you. I know it is not a perfect situation, but I hope you will be so happy. Make sure to get paternity testing done before you get too attached, but I bet it turns out you are the Grandma. I hope it does if that is what you want. I am excited for you! You are so young and beautiful to be a Grandma, but you will Grandmothers a great name! I hope you are doing great. Let me know if I haven't answered your last email. I know I have written to you a couple, but I forget sometimes where I am at in answering and recieving emails. I love you girl! Congratulations!!

Go Grandma!!!!
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

My son "IS" going to have a paternity test, but in my gut I just feel it is my grandson!

Iam still a bit upset about the circimstances, this is NOt going to be easy! but...............everyone knows me I AM A TROOPER! LOL

I will send you an e-mail, I too forget where I am at with sending and receiving my mail! LOL "UGHHHHH: fibrofog!
    Thank you for the compliments too, you are always so sweet and thoughtful! Iam luck to have you as a friend!

Love and hugs
    Doxy

Thank you to you Rosie, for the support! :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]
  5. petsrme

petsrme Member

You're welcome sweetie! Keep me up to date on what is going on. I am so excited for you.
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

I am so happy for you.. I am really glad the girl wants you to be a part of the babys life...We have a simular situation in our family and it works out fine even tho it is not the best of circumstances..SO ENJOY...pEGGY
  7. sassykat

sassykat New Member

Congratulations Doxy! There is nothing more wonderful than grandchildren ( I have three )and sometimes we don't get to pick the circumstances surrounding their conception, but they are a gift. It doesn't matter what the relationship is between the parents, I mean in an "ideal" world and all, but what counts is the relationship you will have with that child. Enjoy every moment, because they grow so quickly.
    Sassykat
  8. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I have a niece who lights up my whole universe. Lily is almost 9 months old, and the biggest fattest baby ever born, but she is worth every single pain I get from picking her up or crawling on the floor to play or letting her ride my "horsey" knee.

Congratulations Doxy-Grandma!

9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so happy for you regardless of the circumstances. I know that the girl will be so glad that you are so happy about it....and thankful that you want to be involved in their lives! It will work out.

Keep us informed!!

Love....MamaR

10. firststarr

firststarr New Member

You have every right in the world to be excited, and for good reason. I became grammy for the first time last year, she 15 months now. It is a feeling I can not describe. All I can tell you is it is the best feeling you will ever have. Its amazing and truly a gift from above. Congradulations, and best of luck to the new mom.
  11. firststarr

firststarr New Member

you will be changed forever, My evyana is 15 months now and she has made me see everything in this world differently. Better, its something I cannot describe, but it wonderful. Britestarr
  12. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

That is really exciting time for you! I was pregnant with my daughter when I was just turned 19. Needless to say not many people happy about it, but my parents and my grandparents, and my daughter's dad's side of family are really thrill about the baby. It is always good to see parents get excited about their grandbaby coming up, mostly when it comes to thier children's mistakes. :) And... one thing.. BABY IS NOT MISTAKE! :) hugs
  13. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
    Just my personal opinion here: But I think it's great that your son's ex-girl called to tell you - to me it shows she wants you in the baby's life.........

I just became a first time grandma on Nov. 1 from my step-daughter, AND IT'S THE GREATEST.........

Well grandma, get your butt moving and hit the stores.....LOL........

I still can't walk in a store without checking out the baby department..........

I just hope your son will be involved with the baby's life & if he refuses, there is nothing you can do - you just be the good grandma and be there for that little boy!!

Congratulations again.......Love, Donna
  14. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Doxy.. Being a Grandma Rocks! My grandbabies are the world to me.. I am excited for you. This isn't going to be easy with the circumstances but praying you get an opportunity to really have time with this baby.. God doesn't make junk.. He knows what he's doing.. maybe the timing isn't great but this baby will be!
    Hugs and love, dona
  15. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh, how sweet our grandchildren are!!! I know you have already fallen in love with your grandson and the minute you see him, it will be the most joyous moment of your life.

I have two grandsons that are so near and dear to my heart.
    Mine are 8 and 9-1/2 years old.

I am so excited for you!!!!

Much love,
    Janet
  16. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

for being happy for and with me!

I AM so excited................ I WILL be the BEST Grandma,

I have so many beautiful memories of my Grandmother, in fact I had quite a eventfully negative childhood at home, so my Grandmother was my salvation, I WILL pass the memories onto my Grandson, and ALWAYS be there for him!

Your all right, circumstances do NOT change a thing!.......... if the love is there, then THE LOVE IS THERE!, for me it IS there!

Hanginginthere, Congratulations Sweetie, now we have one MORE thing in common! Now the competition begins who's the "BEST" Grandma! LOL LOL LOL

Thank you to all of you once again, my entire life has just took a HUGE turn and it is one Iam definately happy your sharing with me!

Love and hugs
    Grandma Doxy

[This Message was Edited on 12/13/2005]
  17. sabimax

sabimax New Member

congrats grandma.....you are cool....you probably dont know how much you are touching the life of the girl too....the mom....she will appreciate your grandma love I bet....take care and good luck grandma to be....I just had my fourth child...(well fifth..I do have a baby girl in heaven) my fourth child is my parents 20th grandchild....sarah
  18. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

LOL LOL LOL

Your posts really made me laugh... because I already asked
    my husband if we could get new nursery furniture and he told me we can get our crib from our boys down from the gagage and clean it up, we just need a new mattress......&
    clean it up..................

I agreed only because we only used it for a few months with our last son, so it is still like brand new and......... it is white so will work with a boy!

Now, I also want to let you know that I already have bought my little Grandson three adorable outfits..........and that is only the BEGINNING!LOL LOL LOL

LOOK OUT SHOPPERS HERE COMES GRANDMA DOXY!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Honestly for Christmas I want baby furniture and baby clothes for my Grandson!LOL

We will need a stroller, car seat, swing, dresser,infant seat, rocking chair, blankies, sheets, clothes, etc etc etc! LOL

This baby is going to be one well LOVED child! Grandma is already "WRAPPED"! LOL

Thank you to every one of you who are sharing this ecstatic time in my life!

Hugs
    Doxy:) :) :) :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2005]
  19. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

YAHOO!!! You are truly blessed. Remember God always has a reason. Sheri
  20. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...how many things DO happen under the "best" of circumstances??? The important thing is that she contacted you to let you know & be a part of this baby's life!

I'm very happy for you, glad she chose to have this baby that can now be a part of your life, too!

Hugs,
    Pam