I am going to Sydney to see Oprah in Dec-anyone live there??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone- Boy I have been gone a long time, it has been a rough year and there were times when I didn't think I would make it and times I didn't want to- BUT things are starting to look up FINALLY.

My house is done and most of the yard work too, I still have some landscaping to do, but all in time. Now for the good news- I am going to Austrailia to see Oprah! On her web site they said they were taking reservations for her Sydney show and IF you were willing to pay your own way you could register to get tickets to the show.

I have a freind that has always wanted to go so we decided to go for it. It was a random lottery drawing system from all the reservation requests and we got tickets for her Dec 14 show! I remember there was someone here that lives there. IF so could you give me some cheaper alternatives for staying in Sydney.

We are going to the Great Barrier Reef for about 4-5 days while we are there and the last 4-5 days will be in Sydney then come home on the 15th or 16th.

I haven't been here for awhile as my life was so chaotic and all I had was bad news so just couldn't come and chat. I do spend some time on Facebook because of my granddaughter but don't do much there either.

I have two new additions to my family, a beautiful GREAT-grandson born on OCt 4 in Germany and I have a new furbie named Princess, someone dropped her off on my road in Aug, she was so cute only weighed 8 pounds. She is so much like Missy except she is black with a white chest, she is part Lab and maybe retreiver or setter, not sure but she is a handful and now weighs 25 pounds and will be 50 when full grown. She is terrified of people and it has been a real challenge and I haven't found anything to get her over it. She is feisty, talks back to me when I tell her no, poor Twy has had to deal with her endless energy to play, she didn't like her at first but they are much better now.

I really do miss you guys and think of you often but getting here reading and posting has not been possible due to dealing with contractors, a major art show I organized, raising a new puppy AND spending more time on skype with my grandaughter.

My mornings use to be spent here but now they are spent skyping with my grandaughter and I have made freinds with one of my down the road neighbors and we chat on the phone. Her son was killed in a car wreck in June, he was 50 and her first child and she has not done well, so my days go by way to fast, her and her DH were of great help to me after the fire and we became really close after that.

Right now I need to be outside working on my yard, I want it done before I leave for AU, but had to come share my news and let you know I am still alive. After my trip my life will be more calm and settled and hope to be able to come more often. I do see a lot of familar names so a lot of the "ole" gang is still here and I see a lot of new ones too- I will respond as I can, planning this trip is going to take a lot of time the next week or so. We have found our flights and hotel in Cairns but Sydney will be a real challenge and not spend my entire savings on-LOL. True sticker shock but hope to find a nice B&B close to town. I will appreciate any advice anyone has- I look forward to hearing what all of you have been up to-Carla

2. ckball

ckball New Member

Glad to hear you both are doing well- Diane if you want a doggie, I can send you Princess-lol, she really has been quite the handful but she is doing much better now.

Jam glad to hear you got a new hip and it worked- you enjoy your time. I was looking forward to my quiet time when the house was done then the Oprah thing happened so I figured I can sleep when I get back :) I get to have 2 dreams in one, can't ask for more than that.

Take care you two-I will be back-Carla
  3. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

I hope ya have a great time, to make up fer all a the rough times you've had since the fire.

And congratulations on havin yer new grandyoungun. :) My daughter-in-law Jenny is expectin. :) A course, betwixt Jenny n the boy, and Becky, I'm already a Grandpa six times. :)

Have fun, n enjoy yerself. :)
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Glad to hear about your trip. It sounds really exciting. Not much time for me to post as I need to go and help hubby pack and then finish myself. We are going with a huge group on a 5 day trip from Galveston to Mexican ports. We have been there before years ago but with all these people it has got to be fun !!

Have a wonderful time on your trip. We miss you on the Pirch but I understand all your problems mostly coming about from the fire.

Leaving on Saturday. Take care and enjoy your new home and yard.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you. I went to Youtube and watched the video of Twyla and
    Princess romping and carrying on. They were having lots of fun. Tried to
    leave you a message, but the computer no workee.

I haven't been posting much the last two months. Gordon and I are busy
    moving. Hope to be done the end of this month.

Have a wonderful trip to Australia. Come back and give us a report when
    you can.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow, a LOT has happened, to say the least. Congratulations on so many things.

I have been dropping in more often now that I'm not working and was so glad to see you posting. I'll catch the show.

Love, Mikie
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Good to see you are all still around.

Granni good luck on your cruise, I am sure your trip will be great and look forward to seeing some great pics when you get back.

Green Onions are you still fighting the Kitty Krew, I miss your stories, you seem to have a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG thread going on :) Hasn't this weather been nice so far?

Rock I did hear you moved, I think Gordon's mother passed and you are moving in her house? I know you lived in your apt for many years and am sure it was a massive undertaking for both of you and Gordon, tell him I am sorry for his loss.

Mikie so you are retired again? Last I knew you were working at the grocery store and just finished a big decorating project on your house. Did you ever pick up a small paint brush and a canvas yet? I did manage to get some paintings done for our annual art show and even won a blue ribbon and 2 horonable mentions. But now my trip is in the for front, will paint when I get back and hope to have lots of inspiration.

Thanks for responding, it is appreciated.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I worked at the grocery store for 2 1/2 years before my illnesses forced me to retire. I'm glad I was able to work part time and it was just a job--no pressure. I enjoyed it until I got sick again. It's looking as though I may have Sjorgen's Syndrome and that would explain all the symptoms which made it impossible to continue working. I've just started the long road of trying to get a definitive diagnosis.

Yes, I did four paintings. Two of them are a pair which hang in my diningroom. I'm not finished with them yet but they are finished enough that I did hang them. I like abstract art but I did one Tuscan-like painting for my bathroom. It's OK, not great. With abstract art, it's all in the eye of the beholder. I do like messing around with my brushstrokes and textures.

Congratulations on your blue ribbon and honorable mentions. I'm impressed and very happy for you.

Love, Mikie