I am gonna ask my friends,don't want to be fooled again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

My daughter was watching Oprah today and during one of the commercials an ad came up talking about a dr. in my town that treats fibromyalgia.I thought this has got to be new cause I looked all over the internet trying to find anyone that specialzes in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
    Well I called the office and found out he puts you on a 3 month treatment with vitamins and herbs and does not give any medication out.Big red flag came up then.

Have any of you evre heard of these kind of doctors and if this therapy ever works.One thing I have noticed with this dr. and another group I did find her in north carolina is they don't take insurance,you pay first and get reimbursed by insurance.Another red flag.

Help this girl from getting suckered into another scam.
    Sheila
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

But I doubt very seriously they have "cured" or seriously helped any sickness unless the sickness is caused by a lack of vitamins and/or herbs - such as rickets.

I would not get involved in anything like that. You don't need a doctor to tell you which vitamins to take. Any employee of any vitamin store can tell you that for free. (And I suspect the outcome would be the same - you'd be full of vitamins and you'd still hurt.)

abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I agree with the previous posters. If you can find a good Dr. who will work with you in treating this DD and he is covered by your insurance, I would go with that route. You can use supplements to complement your treatment, but I would make sure your Dr. knows which ones you are taking and how much.

I have found a good Dr. who will prescibe medications that help me and I add the supplements that I find to be helpful. That way, I think you get the best of both worlds.

Take care, Sally