I am having a lousy time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PatchesofJade, Jul 10, 2006.

1. PatchesofJade

PatchesofJade New Member

A year ago i saw a gynecologist, and asked her about a lump (size of a golf ball) on my sternum. She said it was nothing. Then I saw a nurse practitioner about my shoulder hurting (tendanitis, which i now have in both shoulders), and i also had her look at. It was nothing! It kept growing at a slow rate, and pain came along with it. Then in late May it starting growingvery fast, and hurting to the point wear tight shirts..Finally it got to a point where i was terrified. I saw a doctor. He tried to aspparate it. Nothing came out!!! I went to a surgeon(very nice). It had to be removed. I was in the hospital for three days. I found out it was a tumor. There was a fifty-percent chance it was maligment, and a fifty-percent chance it was benign. I finally found out the results. It was benign!!! Few!!! I am still recovering. They did an aggressive surgary(just in case it was cancerous). They even took a peice of the pectoral muscle)It's not going to affect me, but right now it hurts to sneeze. I feel like crap. For the past three days I been feeling really weird. Maybe it's from the surgary. It is probabley nothing. I hope I don't sound like a winer.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe none of your other doctors bothered with it! It is a sad commentary on the state of our health system that they didn't. It is one thing for insurance to not want to cover something, but another for so-called 'health professionals' to be dismissive of something like that!

Personally, I'd file complaints against all of them that didn't bother, unless you're in a situation where you don't have much of a choice of whom to see instead.

I hope you're feeling better fast - I'm sure just the sense of relief is a great feeling, to know it's benign!

all the best,
    Victoria

PS: It would be helpful to hit 'enter' after every few sentences, it makes things easier to read for most of us.... your post was almost a 'word salad' for me without any space to rest my eyes...

[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

How terrible! Bless your heart; it's a good thing you finally saw the "right" surgeon. It IS unbelievable that the other Drs. just dismissed it rather than sending you for testing.

I'm very happy for your outcome but sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully, it won't be much longer. Surgery WILL take it's toll on anyone, I know.

Hope you feel better soon,

BlueSky555
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Heavens no, you're not a whiner! You've had a tough time. It will take awhile to get beyond the surgery. Hang in there.

Marta
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wow what a story. I think doctors need to check things out better after reading this. Thank God it is benign. But had they removed it earlier it would have been easier on you and your body.

Love Anne Cromwell
  6. PatchesofJade

PatchesofJade New Member

Thanks for your support.

I give u support in return!

Lotsa Peace&Love! *Huggs*