I am having an awesome week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi all

Just wanted to share.. I am having the best week I've had in about 8 months. I'm trying not to get too excited, but honestly it just feels so good to feel almost normal!!

I had forgotten how GOOD it felt to not feel poisoned and in constant pain.

I have CFS with a bad case of neuropathy (burning skin, facial pain, headaches, numbenss, freezing skin etc). I have also been having bad sensory overload - worse at night.

So, I just wanted to share what I have done in the last few weeks that I think may have helped. Unfortunately I've done a number of things, so I'm not sure what has helped the most, but here goes.

1. I started Klonopin a week ago - within days I noticed my burning skin was much less, and I could handle more noise etc at night. This has been fantastic. I hope it lasts.

2. Vit B12 injections. Ive had them before, but never noticed a real improvement in energy levels. I certainly have alot more energy this week. I have no feeling of nausea or malaise.

3. I started a detox on Monday that includes juicing. I've been having about 400 mls of fresh vege juice every day - and loving it. I wish I had started it sooner.

4. I also saw some crazy lady who did some freaky energy work - I wrote her off as a nut bar at the time, but hey, who knows???

In addition to this, I've been following a healthy diet and supplementation programme for the last 8 motnhs which has also contributed (slowly) to my gains.

I know different things work for different people, but I just wanted to post in case something here can help someone else. Its still very early days - I was still very sick only a few weeks ago with post exertional malaise (bedridden / housebound for 6 days) , but I truly feel that something has shifted.

Dont give up hope!

Take care
    Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2006]
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

YAY! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling so well. It feels so good to be somewhat back to normal, huh? Just be carefull not to push so hard when you feel so great hun. I hope you stay feeling great for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
    Deanna
  3. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

It's a good and happy thing to hear that one of us has reached a remisson! I do wish you a very long one. Hopefully a permanant one!

I see that you have included juicing as part of your healing regime. Could you recommend some of your prefered reading material on that subject?

Also wanted to say I love your pic........is that your dog? He looks like a big Sweety. Animals are so healing.

P.S. might I also add that I find NZ to be one of the most facinating and beautiful places on earth. You are very lucky to live amoung such wonder. I'm a big "Lord of the Rings" fan! LOL

Hugs
    Sandy
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...for sticking with it.

Isn't is marvelous to feel human again??

Marta
  5. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

Hope it lasts for you
    x
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Thanks for sharing.

CherylSue
  7. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Thanks for your responses everyone.

It's fair to say that the last 8 months have been very difficult for me. And at times I have lost hope of ever feeling well or "normal" again.

It feels so good to get a taste of it again. I'm going to be careful not to overdo things - a problem of mine :)

Sandy - I dont have any preferred reading material on juicing. I did some google searches but I cant tell you what sites I visited. There are also plenty of old posts on here about juicing. I've been using carrots, ginger, parsely, brocolli,cauliflower, spinach, apple, cucumber, beets - not all at once tho, I just grab whatever I feel like from the fridge.

Take care everyone
    Michelle