I am having an extreme FMS Flareup, among other things...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Feb 27, 2010.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi everyone:

I rarely come to this board and have been missing some of my old friends that I made here and the support.

The weather is horrid and this has sent me into an awfully painful FMS flareup, so I just need a place to whine for a while. Some of you may remember me and some may not...anyway I have had the pleasure (NOT) of having FMS for about 11 years, officially, and 16 years unofficially. My physician just informed that it appears that I have CFS as well and that my pituitary gland is failing. I had a pituitary tumor removed in 2007.

I am just feeling overwhelmed and tired...tired of fighting these things...

Thanks for listening,

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Iam so sorry you are having a hard time.

Weather has impacted me lately too. Its awful how much it can impact us. Are you where theres lots of snow?

Understand your feelings of being overwhelmed and tired. The fight gets hard too do. Im glad you came back to the board.

warm cyber hug. here to listen any time.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I remember you. I haven't been here for a while either, and decided to come back and give it another try.

I hate to hear that you are having a bad flareup. I know how you feel. I am feeling the same way. It's been a rough winter for me. The weather has really affected my arthritis, too, and I have felt really bad every day. I've been spending a lot of time in bed.

I'm sorry to hear about your pituitary tumor. That's awful. What can be done for a failing pituitary gland? I've not heard that one discussed.

Hope things start looking up for you!

4. yucca133

yucca133 Member

Hi KJ,
    I drop in once in a while also and have been reading posts since about 2000 I think.
    From what I read everywhere, the weather really seems to be doing a number on many people this winter. I live in a high desert and we have had a lot more rain than usual which affects my arthritis and old problems from RSD even flare up. I know speaking for myself, I get very tired of fighting. Sometimes lately, I dread going to bed because mornings are so difficult to get through for me as far as the intensity of pain. It can be depressing, but maybe knowing that we who are afflicted with CFS and Fibro know what you are going through and fight similar battles might help a little.

It sounds as if you have a lot on your plate with your pituitary gland failing. Do you know what the treatment is for that? Since it helps regulate so many things in your body, I'm sure it is a serious problem. I wish you the best and hope that you will feel better soon.
    Hugs from Val
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I am still not feeling well. I appreciate you all taking the time to listen to me whine.

I got my blood results back and I have low cortisol, so my pituitary gland is failing. I have to go through some more testing. Another MRI because my headaches are getting a lot worse so my physician thinks it a very probability that the pituitary has returned...I will just have to wait to find out.

I also have to do some sort of ACTH testing with a stimulation thing. I have been too ill to do a lot of research so I am not sure about what goes on.

Thanks again,