I am having taxes taken out of my disalilty check for hubby

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 17, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

MY husband makes about $25.00 per hour so adding my income to his when we file jointly will raise us into another tax bracket. I talked to him and he asked me if I would have some taken our for taxes he didn't tell me any amount or percentage so I chose to have only 7% taken out of my checks.

That way some will be taken out and it should be enough so that we don't owe any thing. I may later on take out a bit more after I ask an account how much fedreal taxes would be talken out if this were my paycheck from a job. That way I will know just how much I need to take out as I am not claiming anyone at all. I don't think that we will be doing to bad.
    I still am in a state of shock in getting this so fast and not having to face the medical board over the conditions that I have. It was a good valentines day though as I did get a dozen long stem red rose's from my hubby.

I am not feeling so great to day. I have this darn cough that is so tight and I keep wheezing. I get short of breath if I do to much. IF I am not better by Monday I will check in wiht the doctor and find out what this is.
    But I have to go now as my ey's just won't stay open any more.
    LOTs of HUGS to all,
    Rosemarie
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

you have to pay taxes on SSDI...I may be wrong..I myself have my hearing on March 1st.

But I am thinking you don't have to pay taxes on it?
    I guess I will be looking into that for myself.