I am heartbroken

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Apr 8, 2008.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I posted awhile back that two of my daughters are pregnant. Well one of my daughters had a miscarriage at 12 weeks along. She is so upset. She wanted the baby so bad and it was to be her first one. It just breaks my heart. She says she is going to wait 3 months, give her body time to heal, and try again. She has always been such a good person and I just don't understand why this had to happen to her. She is just devastated. And so am I. I am so torn up about it I could barely get out of bed yesterday, and had to take several of my anxiety pills. I sent her a huge bouqet of flowers which she really loved. I don't know what else to do, but to be there for her and let her talk about it if she wants to.
    My other daughter is 5 months along. We found out she is having a boy. This will be the first boy in a long line of girls, haha!

I am so sad today,
    Kellyann
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This is heartbreaking!! Miscarriages can be difficult to get over. I hope that your daughter heals quickly and can have a child soon.

take care,
    dar
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear it. I do not know if you remember saying before that our son and his wife have been trying for such a long time, slmost since they got married for her to get pregnant.. They have already had two miscarriages, or one was a miscarriage and the other was not developing at all so they did a D and C.

I know that they both were hartbroken as we were too. They continue to try but have started the process for fostering to adopt. They have done most of what is needed except that DS has been told about his losing his job soon (and others too), the company lost a BIG contract. I am sure that they are waiting for this to pass and when he gets a new job. He works with computers and was very well liked and was told by his headhunter that it wouldn't be long , a week or so when he is told to leave that he would have another one. I surely hope so !!

Just be there to support her as you have been, that is all you can do. I hope she gets pregnant soon after she heals !!

My heart breaks for couples like this, especially when so many have babies are not even wanted and or the parents cannot afford to care for them properly. My S and DIL, I am sure would be such wonderful parents, just as your daughter and sil will be too I am sure.

God bless you and your family.

Blessings and hugs,

Granni
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but hey we had some children now and sometimes it is for the best so they told me way back before cody....

her hormones are going to be a bit out of whack for a time. but she will survive it. alot of self blaming but in reality i know i did everything i could at the time.

best wishes to your family and sorry for the loss

jodie
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers Kellyann and I will pray that in 3 months she will be able to carry her baby to full term and have a healthy baby.

So Sorry
  6. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Kelly, you and your family have my most sincerest condolences. Just being their for your daughter right now is what she needs. You are such a good mom and your daughter will be a good Mom as well.
  7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

for your pain and for your daughter's sadness over the miscarriage. It can be devastating. Just be her friend and talk to her about it when she wants to. She is very wise to wait the three months so she can heal her body and start fresh--smart girl.

Kellyann, please be aware, as I am sure you are, that it may be a little hard for her with her sister being pregnant. This is difficult for the whole family to strike a balance between joyfully anticipating the birth of your grandson and giving your other daughter the sensitivity she needs at the same time.

All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. May joy return to all of you--

Laura
  8. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm sorry for the loss of her child. Sounds like she needs a break for sure. I'm glad you can be there for her to comfort her. You're a great mom to have! Hopefully things work out on the second time around. My prayers go out to her.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

and what makes it worse (if anything could!) is that her sister is moving along.

I understand that almost all naturally occuring miscarriages are God's way of letting go of a child who was forming incorrectly and would not be able to survive well, if at all.

However, it is always sad to me, as it is so miraculous that the womb is able to support life.

How brave of her to try and move forward.

My niece lost three pregnancies around 12 weeks and then found out she was deficient in copper and this was the cause. In the interim, she may want to have such levels as this and others tested, to make sure the cause is not organic.

God Bless you all.

Love Annie

10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I am so sorry for your family. You are good support for your daughter and I'm sure she is thankful for you.

I'm sending prayers and good wishes for you

take care of yourself
    lacey
  11. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry for your daughter's loss, I know how bad she wants a baby, life just doesn't seem fair sometimes, but maybe it is not her time yet. My prayers go out to you and your family-Carla

12. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I'm sorry for the loss you and your daughter are going thur.
    Just be there for each other.

Hugs,
    Misty
  13. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I let my daughter read all your posts and she says thanks you also. She is still just heartbroken, but I think she will be okay. She is looking forward to trying again. I pray it will work out for her next time. Thank you all so much for your caring posts, you have helped me so much! I couldn't even come on the computer for a few days because I was so upset.

Kellyann