I am in agony

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

i went to the rheumy tuesday and he really worked me over. I can barely move now. He put me on neurotin and I started it last night (300 mg at bedtime) ... and I slept until 9;30 am (about 10.5 hours) then fell asleep this afternoon and slept another 7 hours. Oh my. I am really exhausted and it hurts to move any part of my body. Should I call his office about this?
  2. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

Ouch. That doesn't sound like fun at all. What exactly did he do when he "worked you over"? I've been to a rheumy a couple of times and never experienced more than a gentle exam.

You might want to do a web search on neurontin side effects (or type "neurontin" in the search box above on this message board to see people's posts about this med). Oftentimes, it takes a bit of time to adjust to a new med. I don't know anything about neurontin, though, so you should check it out to be sure.

Keep track of your pain and symptoms for the next few days and be sure to let him know about the pain you've experienced after seeing him. Keep us posted!

wishing you well, nature
  3. FoggyMama

FoggyMama New Member

Hi Engel-

I was in the same boat for a while. I've been taking Neurontin 600mg every 8 hrs round the clock for over a year. It really seems to help with the pain. I, too was sleeping alot in the beginning. After a while (seems like it was only a couple of weeks) my system adjusted and then I went back to having trouble going to sleep. I'm taking some additional meds to help with the sleep now, but that's another story.

If you are able to just hang in there for a while with the Neurontin, you may be able to get some pain relief without sleeping your life away too.
    Hope this helps.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

What do you mean "worked you over"?

If you don't like the Neurontin, I would definitely call and stop taking it. Not everyone can take it.
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

gosh ... I am wide awake at 4 am ... lol. I figured it was from the neurotin. I have a terrible headache too. I am going to call his office tomorrow about this pain. He bent all of my joints esp the the right arm and of course he did all of the tender points ... then sent me to get my neck and shoulders x-rayed.
  6. Engel

Engel New Member

i just started it.