I am in agony

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barb62, May 30, 2010.

1. barb62

barb62 New Member

Hi, this is my first post. I guess I need to vent. I have been in complete agony with this fibro for about the last week or so. The barometric pressure here is like a yo-yo, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Is anyone else feeling particularly horrible here in the Boise, Idaho area or anywhere else. I have been diagnosed with fibro for 5 years, but this year without a doubt has been the worst. Like everyone else I am so sick and tired of trying this med and that med. Thank goodness I have an understanding pain doc., but today I just need to vent to"my own kind" LOL. Thanks for listening. God Bless. Barb62
  2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Me too I am in Wa and it is rainy and I am sick of it. I am in a flare and on top I have need a root canal so I have pain with that as it is infected. I am sorry you are in so much pain I have read others on here that are dealing with flares do to the resent weather. We all certainly can realate can't we. All I can say is hang in there and take care of yourself. This is the one place you can vent and people have a total understanding of exactly how you feel. Go take a warm bath that sometimes helps me.
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I'm in PA and the humidity and heat are killing me off. I'm flared up, feel awful. I can totally sympathize. This weather is awful.
  4. barb62

barb62 New Member

Thanks for the shoulders to cry on. I took your advice, the bath did help. Good luck with that root canal. I hope everbody else feels better soon, just knowing there are others out there who understand helps. barb
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2010]
  5. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I live in oklahoma and july has come early. Our air temps arent too bad...its the humidity. It has slammed me. It was 85 the other day but the humidity made it feel like 98!!! Suffer-city around here. Hope it passes and you start feeling better!
  6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I'm in Florida and complained about being in a flare since we had a colder than expected winter. Now the heat and humidity is here. I wasn't aware that heat causes flares too - but I guess everyone is right - I ache from head to toe. And the heat is only going to get worse in the next few months.
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Yes, it's the dang weather. I'm here in WY with the same weather and it has been killing me! At least this week things are suppose to get a little better.Hopefully your weather will inprove and you'll start feeling better.

Take care,
  8. loto

loto Member

I have had those terrible days too, when the weather is like that.

So far, since I've started taking a new med, I haven't had any days like that. I hope it stays that way for me. At the moment I've found the right combination of medications to keep my pain level tolerable.

9. NYBill49

NYBill49 New Member

First post here - so hello all :)

I was diagnosed with CFIDS 6 years ago. Like many here I too have become acutely aware of weather changes and how they effect my symptoms. To the point I went out and purchased a digital weather station. What I am realizing (with myself) is that any change in weather can cause a flare-up of symptoms. And that it doesn't seem to be just low or high barometric pressure (all though I haven't entirely ruled this out yet).

I have felt my symptoms flare at the change in barometric pressure - both when it is rising and falling. What I have also noticed is that when the weather is fairly constant - steady pressure, steady humidity (usualy not over 60%) and steady temps my symptoms level out. But if there is a slight change in barometric pressure or humidity my symptoms flare.

I also have had abdominal surgeries in the past 2 years and when there is a change in weather it also causes more issues with my digestive track. I have other friends that have CFIDS and FM and they also have had similar medical issues (surgery etc.) and the same thing happens to them when the weather changes one person has had shoulder surgery - another knee and yet another has cellulitis and along with their "normal" weather related flare-ups these other areas are adversely effected.

Currently I am just searching the net for more info on this issue (weather and how it effects us people with CFIDS & FM) and also to see if the "experts" have found a reason for this. If anyone can put me in the direction of any research on this topic I would greatly appriciate it.

In conjunction with this I feel there should be research in to this to find the causative factor(s) and at the very lest it could help us to possibly adjust our lives to be a little more comfortable.

10. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Utah if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes and it will change. WE haev been stuck in an inversion and have terriable air quality, Ther is a storm on it way and more snow will come with it. Hopefully it will warm up a bit from these really cold temps we have been having like last night it was -5 bleow really toasty. EAch storm brings its own problems for me, snow turns to ice and I am a klutz so I walk gently so I dont' fall and break some thing else. The last fall i shattered my left wrist and broke my radius now I have a titainum plate and screws holding me together but one of the screws in my wrist has come lose, the cure is to remove all the hardware, more surgery NO way. don't have money and won't for long time. So I am having to live with it.
    Well last night I slept on the recliner and I am still so sleepy that I am goin go to go bed and try to get some sleep before noon. Then wake up and don some thing even if it is walking aorund my house. I want to go to the gym but I was in a fender bender adn teh only thing that broke was my side mirror a week or so later when it was below zero adn I slamed the car door , now the mirror is hanging my a thread and it is not warm enough to do the home fix that my hubby tells me can be done. How i wish we had a warm place to fix the car so I can drive with out the worry of loseing the mirror and having to buy a new one.
    Soicne the fender bender I hqave had more muscle aches pains and deep bone pain but it is getting a bit better. So it is off to bed for me. Hopefully daughters will not call before noon today. Thanks for letting me vent