I am in need of some support please!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna275, Jan 18, 2006.

1. donna275

donna275 New Member

I have started having bowel problems. Never had them before, but they have been going on for a couple of months. First I thought i had a bladder infection and it was not. Then I started feeling pain in my behind, inside behind my tailbone with the feeling of having to go to the bathroom. It feels worse when I lie down or through the night. It was so bad, I couldn't sleep one night and had to sit up in a recliner. Anyway, i got into see my GP and he did a quick rectal exam and didn't see anything. He referred me to a GI doctor who assessed me and I will be going to get a colonoscopy Monday. I believe I saw some blood in my stool (i did have my period, however) but I kept checking it every time I went and I thought I saw more blood, but not like the first time.

Anyway, i am scared to death. I immediately think cancer. I had myself so worked up the other night, I was thinking how I am going to tell my children I have cancer, thinking of what I would leave them for after I am gone, going over every financial info to write down for my husband. I had myself in the grave.

The GI doctor knows I am very very anxious. He said it was unlikely it was cancer, I am 43, but nothing is impossible. He gave me antispasm drug for bladder and bowels and it has worked enough that I can go to work but I still feel the pressure and pain but it has lessened. The nurse at the GI office said it could be so many things not to think the worse.

I can't help thinking something terrible. Have any of you experienced anything like this? I am also urinating so much. I have to run to the bathroom, it is like my bladder is giving out too.

Please give me your comments. Thank you,
    Donna
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I'm not knowledgable enough to give you any advice, but I just want you to know I'm thinking about you.

I'm very sure you will get some good replies, and I'm sure they will ease your mind.

Your friend,

Kinsie
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Donna:
    Do not worry so much. Like the nurse told you: it could be anything. I also have had some cancer scares , but my tumors have been benign. I never dwelled on it while I was going through the tests.
    You really should not worry because things always work out for the best. I know that is easier said than done, but I am sure that if you are able to go back to work: that is a victory. Try not to worry. It will not help your FM either.
    HUgs,
    NyroFan
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

I was a G.I. tech for 4 yrs or so and they are just checking to why the bleeding and pain is there. Try not to worry, It is probably hemmrohids.; Could be a bunch of things so try not to worry. They sedate you for the colo and you you probably wont remember anything.. If you have polyps they remove them right then and you wont feel it.Polyps are usually benign but if left unattended they could turn into cancer. This is why when you reach a certain age they recommend these procedures. It is easy for me to tell you not to worry, but worrying just makes it harder to go through. You will be fine and you need answers and this is one test that will provide some.. Take care Peggy
  5. reiki

reiki New Member

Hi Donna, it's easier said than done but please try not to worry. This has happened to me also, my first started a few yrs ago, and I went through the thought it might be cancer..after all the test etc I was told I had really bad IBS. It did ease for awhile but since I have had fibro it has gotten alot worse again, like you I have the blood in the stools, the pain in stomach and back passage etc and over the last 2 months I have not be able to eat anything other than banana's, grill dried chicken and steam veg. So I went back to the Dr's again today and he has given me some tabs to take 20 mins before my meals to see if that will help me while I introduce more foods back into my diet. I don't know if this will be of any comfort, but I was told if it was cancer it would not be painful. Keep us updated hunny and try not to worry I am sure every thing will be fine.
    I would like to ask the Archangel Raphael to wrap his beautiful wings around you and comfort you with his wonderful healing, sending you love and light always.. Reiki xxx

6. donna275

donna275 New Member

for your reassurances. I am not terrified at the moment, but that is because the pain has lessened substantially. However, I know it will be back and then i start all over again.

I do so appreciate your replies. Thank you again!
    Donna
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I remember the first time I found blood was a few month after my Mom passed away from Colon Cancer.. I was pretty scared!!
    I have Ulcerative Colitis, Diviritculitis and good old fasioned hemmoroids.. all of which can cause bleeding and pain..
    I have colonoscopys every three years because of family history..
    It's truly not that bad.. The "clean out" the night before is the worse part of it.. you will want to stay close to the bathroom.
    They usually give you a drug that causes short term amnesia and you don't remember the actual procedure. Though I did have one awake under Valluim and Morphine.. It was really rather interesting!
    Try to relax Donna.. I know it's scary.. I go through the what if's everytime I'm tested. But they are right, there are so many different things it could be..
    Let us know how it comes out..
    Hugs..dona
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

The GI is probably correct in reassuring you that it is likely NOT cancer. It could be a polyp. Bowel cancer more likely would have had some other stuff going on prior to this recent attack. Have you seen a gyne recently as you could have a fibroid that could cause the urine problems or some sort of pelvic inflamation. I wish you all the best and don't torture yourself with worry. GI's are usually very good at reporting immediately back to you when you come out of colonoscopy, so tell him BEFOREhand that you want to hear back from him as you come round from the light anaesthetic. The meds you are on could also be causing more frequent urination. JUst keep yourself as calm as you are able, and have the test done. PLEASE let us know the results.
    Love and prayers,
    Anne