I am in the South and it is COLD those in North what do you do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jan 7, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

My pain and symptoms are soo much worse when it is cold. I think it tenses me up more than normal. I will have athritis type swelling in the cold and fingers and hands hurt.
    I just do not know how anyone tolerates the cold. Maybe it is just me?
  2. loto

loto Member

it's not just u. I live in So. Illinois and we just got 3 inches of snow overnight, and now the winds picking up and it's getting colder. I think it's supposed to only be 0 degrees by morning!
    I stayed home from work today. Probably could've gotten through the snow, but my body hurts too bad, so I just stayed in.
    Hang in there! I'm trying, but hoping these next couple of months go by fast -- i'm so ready for warm weather.
  3. CaptLex

CaptLex New Member

I can sympathize. The cold weather definitely makes things worse. I try to cope by wearing layers, taking very warm showers to help me be more mobile, drinking warm stuff and telling myself I have to find a way to move to a warmer climate. Hang in there.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I am in so much pain today. We have some light snow on the ground and more to come. I have not had this much pain in a long time.

I wonder where we'd have to go today to find a warmer climate. It's even freezing in FL.

I sleep in the daytime and can't get enough pain relief to stay asleep more than 30 minutes or so. I finally gave up and came out to watch TV. OUCH! GB66
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

He just called and said kids were out of school and it was snowing. I must confess it is up to 56 tomorrow here so I cannot complain.
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've never been able to take the cold. I don't know if this is partly from my Hashimoto's or from CFIDS, but I can't take the cold at all. I can't function in it. I have to be near a heater.

We're getting snow here tomorrow, but it's been bitterly cold lately. The wind chill makes it so horrible.

I can't even take hot showers here, the water problem is still ongoing. The idiot maint guy tried to convince me that warm water is hot water and I said NO, there's a huge difference when I am shaking in the shower and can't get warm. They know there's a problem in this building, but they keep saying they're working on it, but I have yet to see real hot water back in here.

The only places on the planet that are hot right now are like Australia, which has been in the 80's and 90's, Fiji has been in the 70's, Egypt and parts of Africa are still kind of okay. The Seychelles. Every place else is freezing cold. Rio has been like nineteen degrees. France and the UK have been dropping below zero. Most of Asia is frozen. Basically most of the living world is seriously cold right now.
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

But even *I'm* cold! In N. Florida is is dropping before freezing at night. Today I finally turned on the heat because it was 49F in the house. I dress in layers, but the only real problem are my hands. I can't dress those in layers and actually get anything done. So I've been putting them under hot running water every so often. The worst thing for me is that it is so dry (that's the reason I don't like central heat) and it is killing my sinuses.
  8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I live near Chicago and it is brutal outside! I used to like the cold-ish weather (for running, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, sledding, etc), but once it got below 20, I never really liked it.....now, however, being sick, anything below 55 starts to really get bad (all my symptoms get progressively worse as it gets colder).....I miss being able to get out in this and enjoy it.....rt now, looking out at the snow, and wishing I could take my camera out - it is beautiful- but no way could my health (or my fingers) take it!

Of course, anything warmer than 75 really kills me, too.....so yeah, for the weather and many more reasons, I am so totally living in the wrong place! (have felt so trapped, though......looked and looked into moving......no luck thus far, still hoping, though) And yeah I can definitely relate to this thread
  9. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I live half way between Nashville and Knoxville and we got snow today. The wind is blowing and I am freezing. It hasn't been above freezing for over a week.

We too have central heat and when the temp drops it does not keep you warm.

My feet and hands are so cold they hurt. My feet actually feel like they are burning most of the time but they are cold to the touch. I have been wearing two pair of socks day and night and even sleeping in gloves.

Our house is around 70 degrees and I am the only one uncomfortable. This weather just kills me. My joints all hurt.

I do have to say though, the outside is beautiful with the clean snow and the quietness in the air. Guess there is good in every situation.

10. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I live near the TN and GA border. I see Atlanta got more snow than we did today. I am a little disappointed. If it's going to be this cold it's nice to have pretty snow to look at. I'd like to be in Gatlinburg right now.

I have a dental appn't. on Monday so I'm hoping for warmer temperatures next week.

Keep warm out there. GB66