I am just so sleepy all the time and I am geting tired of it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Mar 16, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

As I sit here and type I find that my eye lids start to close and droop. It is getting harder and harder to keep them open.
    Now I have not done anything to make me to tired and sleepy I just am, And I am tired of feeling so sleepy. I will lay on the couch to keep my feet up and I will start to dose off with in minutes and I can still hear the TV but don't remember what show I was watching at the time.

I am recovering from a abcess on my teeth. I had 2 rootcanals started and then got sick and missed my appointment to have them finished and all of a sudden my teeth were causing me so much pain and I had a huge abcess on my upper jaw and it was so painfull that I wanted to scream so I called the dentist and was put on antibitoics.They really helped. But before I could get in to the dentist to finish the root canals the abcess returned so when I saw my pain doctor he prescribed a Zpk for me and it worked enough so that the Dentist could finish the rootcanals but it was really painfull for me.

But since then I have been so sleepy and that is all I want to do is sleep. I don't take my muscle relaxants as I will fall alseep faster. And I am so sick of being so sleepy all the time.

It makes me wonder why ? Is this from the infection or is it from the dental work that stresses me out so much and I am started to flare.

I am so tired of feeling like i need to just laydown and sleep. The more I do the sleepier I become. So I am in a quandry as to what to I do about this? I have asked the doctor and he said that having a infection like I did for solong could be why I am so tired all the time as it has been in my body so long andmy body is fighting to get rid of it really hard adn that is taking a tole on my body.So I get to just live with it and with time it will get better,I haev now had the teeth fixed so the infectinhas been cleaned out from the teeth but it still is in my blood stream . It iwll take a while for the antibitoics to kill all the little bits of infections and while it is fighting I will be tired.

But at least there is a light at the end of htis long tunnel. I thought that this was never going to end for me.

Well I must get up and moving around and get some thing done so that my husband will have some clean dishes and some clothes too. I will take is really slow too but i need to move to stay awake.
    And I have so much to do. House work justs waits for you no matter how you feel. I know that this house has waited to long and is a mess now and I need to get up and do some cleaning and get some of the rooms cleaned up .But I will tkae it slow so that I don't start to feel worse.

I don't need to sleep 24/7 but it feels that way these past few weeks and I just want to get up nd moving but my brain doesn't want to do anything. So I have made the desision that I will get up and start doing some light house work to start with and soon the house will look better. And I won't get so tired all at once.

I really hope that I start to feel more awake soon. As I am so tired of feeling like I must sleep now.

thanks for letting me whine ,
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Rosemarie

2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

sometimes i fall asleep while reading to my boys...i start to dream and read the words in the dream ....lol!!! and my boys will be staring at me when i jerk out of it..like get with the program mom!

hang in there! let yourelf rest when you get like this...your body is trying to tell you something....
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I hate to recommend Rx drugs, but this one seems to have taken the edge off day-time sleepiness for me.

Admittedly, I have only been taking it a week... but all the same.

Look out for the dosage tho. I'm on 40mg and it makes me feel nauseous and edgy about an hour after I take it.
    Cheers
    Delia
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

I think since you had the infection hit you twice and then root canal, that your system is just down.

You may need to sleep a lot to recover.

Hang in there.

Kendra