I am never opening my mouth again!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amandas, Aug 20, 2002.

1. amandas

amandas New Member

I started out the day having a good day. I was "relatively" rested and ready to go to class. After 3 hours of Environmental Geology (not as interesting as it sounds--especially not for 3 HOURS!!!) I have lost the ability to communicate!!!

My brain fog is so heavy that I MUST be talking really slowly or something because everywhere I go people are looking at me funny when I speak. Gosh I hope I recover before Thurs when I have to go to this class again. Incidentally, I went and bought a tape recorder and have the professor's blessing to tape--he was very understanding once he witnessed firsthand the effect that 3 hours in a classroom had on me.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
    Amanda
  2. amandas

amandas New Member

I started out the day having a good day. I was "relatively" rested and ready to go to class. After 3 hours of Environmental Geology (not as interesting as it sounds--especially not for 3 HOURS!!!) I have lost the ability to communicate!!!

My brain fog is so heavy that I MUST be talking really slowly or something because everywhere I go people are looking at me funny when I speak. Gosh I hope I recover before Thurs when I have to go to this class again. Incidentally, I went and bought a tape recorder and have the professor's blessing to tape--he was very understanding once he witnessed firsthand the effect that 3 hours in a classroom had on me.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
    Amanda
  3. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Even before I had Fibro, I took some classes boring(rhymes with snoring)enough to turn me into a blithering idiot. Still, Fibro-fog is real and can make life interesting for us and the people on the other end of our futile attempts to communicate :) Al
  4. selma

selma New Member

Please type in a new title. And add In Class, because it soundednlike you didn't want to post again. And, I almost skipped over your post. I know how debilitating FibroFog can be. You can do the work or you wouldn't be there! SOOOO Speak up!!!!! who cares if you sound funny????
    We'll be looking for an update!
    Love, Selma
  5. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

I know how bad this can get! But I also know it can be overcome.

I do a great deal of public speaking, again.

This may sound really crazy to you---but--we must re-learn to think before we speak. We must learn that our thought processes are not quite in sync--thus all of our actions require more thought before actions.

We function, often as a drunk does. We have delayed repsonses--but they can be re-trained.

We are no longer able, in most cases to focus on several things at once--as we have been so adept at before. We must re-learn to think only on one thing at a time.

It requires a re-learning of budgeting & balancing of all things in our lives.

Jackie F
  6. TracyV

TracyV New Member

When I was in school years ago, I had this socialogy class that was so dull I just couldn't stay awake. One day I fell asleep and started snoring very loudly! I was so embrassed!
    Hugs,
    Tracy