I am new and need a little help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn_c, Aug 9, 2008.

1. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Could someone tell me what dd is?? I am not very computer savy with terms. Thanks, Jenn
  2. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Dreaded disease, darn disease, dang disease, take your pick! lol

Welcome to the board, Jenn!
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

First of all I am crispangel and DD stands for Dam Disease or Darn Disease. I want to welcome you, even though I hate to hear that there is one more person who is going to have to suffer like us I grieve. What is your diagnosis? fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue syndrome or both or something else? TO find out more about the people on here is to click on their web name beside a post it will be blue. The people here have really helped me with understanding this disease.
    I hope that this website really helps you.
    Gentle Hugs, crispangel
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Thanks for the help. I have Fibromyalgia and I donot know if my fatigue is from that or CFS. I also have PTSD, generalized anxiety, arthritis, tendonitis and probably alot of other itis's. I am very excited to be here. It feels so good connecting with other people in the same boat.

5. findmind

findmind New Member

Welcome to the board! It is always hard for us "oldsters" here to see there is one more sufferer out there, but I hope you will come often and read all you can here.

You can learn more about FM or CFS, also known as M.E. (for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, a real mouthful!), but not just CFS, its a serious neurological illness that affects almost every system of the body.

You can click on anyone's username to see if they have filled out a profile; they can be very helpful for new people trying to get to know others like them.

You can put your own username in the search box, then by Title, to see if anyone has written specifically to you.

I think there is a post titled "Abbreviations", try a search for it; it can be helpful here.

My FM was helped immensely by acupuncture and also Neurontin which I had to start for another problem, severe pain in the bones of my feet, icy coldness in the veins and arteries, but I believe it also helps my FM.

Mild exercise (swimming, stretching, walking) can help FMers stay limber and more fit.

Addressing sleep issues is paramount; try not to get your schedule turned upside down.

I hope you have a good Rheumatologist; they are very familiar with FM and are willing to work with patients on a trial and error basis to find what works for you. (Many here like Lyrica; others cannot tolerate it).

Again, welcome, and we hope you'll stick around and share with us.

6. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

I want to know what Bump or Bumping means. I guess I am just really not up on all the latest lingo. I can handle the abbreviations, but this one I can't figure out and it is driving me crazy! (it was a short trip and I had a lot of company!) hee hee hee
  7. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

Directions on how to bump a topic back to the top for more input?
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Whenever a Post gets on page 2 or 3, and anyone wants to bump it up to the first page, all anyone who posts or reads it has to do is type BUMP in the title or body of a message...it's really, neat; you can get a lot more responses that way!

(See, it goes back to the 1st page)

9. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

A warm welcome to you Jenn.

gentle hugs, susan
  10. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Thanks to everyone for being so nice. I am thrilled to have found this place, and have been coming at least once a day. Jenn
  11. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

You will fine that the people here are wonderful and full of info. I'm new too, only been here about oh, two weeks maybe.