I am new here and need some help understanding CFS....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shashua, May 31, 2003.

1. Shashua

Shashua New Member

I was diagnosed with CFS just prior to moving from NV about 9 months ago. I Physicians asst. I see doesn't know anything about CFS and I live in such a small town with no one I know who can tell me about this disease and how to fight this. I want my life back. I want to be able to go out to the lake and not be too tired to swim. I don't even have the energy to do house work. I am on SSD so I don't have alot of money to buy expensive books or herbs. Can anyone help me with any info. of the kind of Dr. that would know about CFS and any other info. on how to increase my energy with out the gitters. I am tired of being tired.

Thanks,

Jerri
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Jerri, welcome to the board. I have Fibromyalgia, not CFS, but we do have a whole lot of memebers who do have CFS.

If you are interested, we have a wealth of information on this site. If you will go to the top of this page, the 'Home' and 'Library' links are full of great articles from doctors that are treating and researching this illness.

There is also printer friendly versions of them . I usually use that feature as I can't sit and read at the computer too long a time, I am a book worm and reading long articles on the computer gets to me.

Also you can use the back posts on different subjects, lots of information right here on the board as well.

I am sure someone else will help with a type of doctor for you also.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have had fibro and CFS for 16 years. Being single, I must work.
    I know how bad you feel.
    I go to the Dr. but other than some pain medicine they seem to have nothing that helps me.
    As far as books I believe you can learn most things from the internet and this board. Some people do take Pro Energy which can be bought from this site and I am going to get some . It comes to about 11 a month so not as expensive as most things. Several people have said it helped them.
    I understand you being tired, I feel like a walking dead person and don't do much but work and sleep.
    If you want to try a post where the title is Looking for a Dr. in Nevada.
    There is also good Dr. list on this site you might want to check out.
    Take care
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

Welcome to a great board, you'll get loads of support and info here. It will all seem very confusing at first so take your time.

A lot of us find drinking lots of water helps. Change your salt over to pure sea salt and make sure you have enough of that. If you type salt and water into the search box at the top of the page you'll see these have helped people.

Next think about a high protein low carbs diet, many with both CFS and FM find this gives them more energy. Again there have been many posts on this so you'll find them through the search box.

Klutzo, who's very knowledgable on the naturopathic approach, says that if you can only afford one or two supplements go for digestive enzymes with and between meals.

I have CFS too so know how awful all this feels. Do take care and remember that pacing yourself when you have CFS is really important.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2003]
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

Welcome. I also have CFS as well as FM. I agree that pacing is one of the most important things you can learn about living with this dx.

I learned the most about it from an online selfhelp course I took about a year ago. We aren't allowed to post websites here, but if you type in chronicfatigueselfhelp and then add a dot org you will find it. It's not just for CFS, but also for FM. New classes begin in about a week. I don't know if it's too late to sign up or not.

Barbara