I am new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, Oct 17, 2005.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

And I thought I would post.
    I am 29 years old, I have 3 girls ages 9,4 and 3. I have been dx since 1998 with fibromyalgia. I live in pain everyday. Somedays much worse then others. Right now I am on zoloft, ultram, vicoden, and neurontin. I take advil as well. Cannot take nsaids because my tummy is sensitive. i find it hard for people to understand why it is so hard to keep up on the house, laundry etc. Because I do not look sick they just don't understand. Somedays even getting off the couch is a challenge.
    I find it really hard with the kids. Trying to explain to them mommy hurts all over and you cannot climb on my. They really don't understand.
    My current meds are not working. I have rls too and now my legs are beginning to be painful instead of just the weird sensation at night.
    Sorry this is so long but maybe you can share things that have helped you.
    Thanks so much
  2. amejia

amejia New Member

I just wanted to say hi and welcome. The people here are wonderful and sssooo helpful.

I am kind of hurting myself today so I am keeping this short..

Anyway welcome..
    Ang
  3. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I'm 28, with one 4 year old boy. Glad you found us.
    The board is full of very nice people, and lots of information.

I suggest you read some of the older posts, do a search for topics that interest you. You may learn a lot.

And, if you don't find what you're looking for, feel free to ask for input.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hon, Advil is a NSAID. I take Diclofenac, which is a NSAID and when my doc found out I was taking Advil, he had a fit. That is how I got the Lortabs for pain.

If your current meds are not helping, you need to change to different meds. Check my profile by clicking on my name that is in blue and wait a few seconds for it to pop up.

I think I'm one of the rare people that take Prozac for the chronic pain and it helps me. Zoloft was the first AD I tried and it made me much worse.

I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet and a lot of nights I have to take a pain pill before bed so I can get some sleep. I don't want to see a neurologist about this just now.

You should get more replies and there are a lot of newer meds that a lot of people are getting good results from.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You have a busy life and it's terribly hard with FM. Give yourself a pat on the back for taking good care of 3 kids. We all have come up against that ' you don't look sick'!

There will be lots of support and information for you here. I'm wondering if you are getting a good sleep. Disordered sleep is common. There are some helpful sleep meds that many of us are taking. Also there are specific ones for RLS.

Take Care

Kathy.
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm glad you found us...for you and for us! Sounds like you have quite a challenge mothering three children while suffering FM. I'm very impressed!

I do hope you can get some meds to ease your pain. I, too, am having a hard time right now, BUT I don't have to care for three little ones! that time of my life is over...now I'm a grandma.

Hang in there. You will find lots of info here and lots of company. I hope you'll post often as that way we all get to know you.

Take care,
    Sue
  7. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Hi, I too am fairly new and I would like to welcome you and tell you I really enjoy the message boards they have really provided alot of information for me and have made it easier to accept this crazy fibromyalgia.
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

here and all sorts of treatment ideas. Some take nothing and some take strong meds, it depends on a lot of things. Do like some suggested and put your questions in the Search at the top of the page. Any other questions do come to the board and ask, or if you just don't feel well enough to search. Someone is usually here and anxious to help.

Keep up your spirits and keep coming back! Hugs, Bambi
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Have you ever tried Mirapex for your RLS? I take it everyday or I would be up all night with the jittery legs. It really helps me sleep. I've heard of lots of other people here that are taking it and having good luck with it.
    Take care, Terri