I am new, please pray for me

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bluelady9, Jan 16, 2004.

1. bluelady9

bluelady9 New Member

I am devastated beyond description. My husband has left and says he is having a nervous breakdown and cant' come home until he is well -- in the meantime, he is avoiding all communication with me and my daughter. I am so destroyed and I feel so helpless there are no words. I believe God can get me through this, but I am so utterly terrified. He did tell me he started seeing a therapist. But, other than that he has made no attempt to address anything or contact me. Please assure me that God is all-powerful and does here my prayers. Pray that He will change me in whatever way I need to change and same for my husband. Please assure me that He does not want our marriage to fail. Please just pray for me and my daughter and my husband. We are such utterly broken and desperate human beings and only God can do anything for us.
  2. advancewithcourage

advancewithcourage New Member

I am very sorry to hear of the trial you are now facing. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be for you.

God can use it somehow and in some way to develop in you character. I can't tell you all will work out like you desire, but God will turn it all into good for you when you seek Him.

I e-mailed you an article that God used in a particular trying time in my life to show me what He is trying to accomplish when these trials enter our lives. I sure hope it will bless you and give you peace that He has all things in His hands.

Jesus said He came to set the captives free and deliver those who are under bondage. I think depression is like a terrible bondage. I have suffered with severe bouts of depression since I came down with CFS and mild bouts my whole life. Somehow in His good time, I feel God will grant us victory over these things if we seek Him with our whole hearts.

You said you are all so broken and only God can do anything for you. How true. But, it is not just you. We are all broken in some way. Most people just will not admit it and refuse to acknowledge it when it becomes evident. You cannot change what you will not acknowledge - that is one of my favorite sayings.

Please keep us posted on how things are going.
  3. bluelady9

bluelady9 New Member

I want you to know how much I appreciate your generous outreach. I prayed all night last night. Tonight, my husband and I had a short but very reassuring conversation on the phone. My fear and frustration has subsided greatly. My husband had his first therapy session, and although he said he didn't have an epiphany yet, he said it was still productive and he and the therapist touched on some important points. He did manage to tell me that he has every intention to coming back to us. That he needs some more time -- a few weeks, maybe a couple months -- and then he wants us to go to couples therapy. He said he does love us, but that he is just so broken at the moment that any emotional involvment is just too overwhelming for him.

I know this is God's hand and God's love at work, through all of you and your prayers.
    Thank you.
  4. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello and welcome to the worship boards.
    I will be praying for You, your husband , and daughter.
    Keep your faith in the Lord, and he will see you thru this difficult time. In Jesus name, amen.

Danny
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying for your family. It is possible that the Lord knows that your husband may need to get away for a short time to get himself right with his problems.

I will be praying for your faith, and certainly for your family to be reconciled.

The Lord loves His married people to stay together, so it is very easy to know His will in your life.

God's blessings going out to you and your husband and daughter.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. JointChief

JointChief New Member

It is my prayer that God answer yours and all prayers for help and may he give you the strength to carry you and your Daughter through and comfort you all the while. I pray that your Husband receive the healing he needs to come back to his family and be a Godly loving husband. Amen
  7. blessings

blessings New Member

As hard as it is, sometimes 'things' have to be shattered in order for the Lord to put them back in the right order. I sincerly pray your husband is counseling with Christian coundelers, and that the Lord will lead him to wellness, spriritually and emotionally.

I have been through several "shatterings', Only by the grace of God can we make it through; As hard as this is, use this time for your own personal relationship with Jesus. I know, how easy that is to say and hard to do, so know that He sees your pain and is there to help you through.

May the Good Lord guide and direct, touch and heal your relationship with your husband and heal your family , to His glory...Our Hope(ernest expectation) is in Him.

I also pray that He will impart His peace to your hurting heart and be your comfort. There is none like Him!! God Bless you dear one, blessings