I am new to Fibro and these boards

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Aug 26, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! I am glad that I found this site! I just got a definite diagnosis of fibromyalgia last week after a couple years of testing and suffering. On top of that I have a list of other problems including; hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, severe degenerative disc disease in lumbar spine, sciatica, seizures, major depression, restless leg syndrome, essential tremors, ataxia, neuropathies in left leg, carpal tunnel in right hand that needs surgery, cubital tunnel in left arm that needs surgery...etc. I applied for SSD in April 2002 and am still waiting for my answer. They say I should hear any day now. I applied before my diagnosis of the FM but I did already have the other diagnosis'.
    They sent me to see one of their doctors and the appt. went pretty good, he was a very nice doctor and agreed with everything that I told him and was very sympathetic. I had heard so many horror stories from other people about going to see these cold doctors. I just hope and pray that I get it, my husband and I need the money so badly.
    Anyway look forward to hearing from yall and reading the posts.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! I am glad that I found this site! I just got a definite diagnosis of fibromyalgia last week after a couple years of testing and suffering. On top of that I have a list of other problems including; hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, severe degenerative disc disease in lumbar spine, sciatica, seizures, major depression, restless leg syndrome, essential tremors, ataxia, neuropathies in left leg, carpal tunnel in right hand that needs surgery, cubital tunnel in left arm that needs surgery...etc. I applied for SSD in April 2002 and am still waiting for my answer. They say I should hear any day now. I applied before my diagnosis of the FM but I did already have the other diagnosis'.
    They sent me to see one of their doctors and the appt. went pretty good, he was a very nice doctor and agreed with everything that I told him and was very sympathetic. I had heard so many horror stories from other people about going to see these cold doctors. I just hope and pray that I get it, my husband and I need the money so badly.
    Anyway look forward to hearing from yall and reading the posts.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  3. nova

nova New Member

Just wanted to say HI :}. There are tons of viewpoints and even more information on this board. I hope it will be very helpful to you!!!

Tara
  4. Suz15

Suz15 New Member

Hi There

Im new myself,,,,,,welcome to the board.

And soft hugs back to you
    Suz
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Teresa, glad you found our board. You sure have a lot of health problems.

We do have a lot of information on the Pro Health board, if you are interested, just go to the 'Home', 'Library' and 'Community' links for all the updated research on Fibro and well as other illnesses.

We also have a large selection of other forums here too, just click on; 'Message Boards', it is an index of the others.

Again, welcome to the group, and glad to hear you were treated so well with SSD, and hope your approval will be very soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. G

G New Member

It's a great place where you'll have lots of support and information is also great from everyone here. I joined only a little while ago myself and am glad I joined. Enjoy and Teresa, I really hope you get your disability, it took me 2 years but worth the wait. We also needed it and I'll pray that you too will get your's. Think positive thoughts and rest when you need to, when feeling depressed reach out for you are never alone. I too, use to be very depressed and know how hard it can be just to get through another hour. I think sometimes we are grieving for our healthy self's back again, as it do seem that we lose so much health wise and even people as well. Try to read an book, watch an funny show or listen to music that you love and cuddle with your hubby, for you know he is there with you by your side. Remember never to give up and you're not alone.

Gentle Hugs
    G