I am new to the board -please excuse my beginners goofs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheri, Nov 14, 2002.

1. sheri

sheri New Member

Hello;
    I found this site and found it interesting enough to go through the "joining" process. Have had Fibro for many years w/myofacia , etc...I'm a mom w/adult children as well as step-mom that are grown now and lots of grandchildren. Up until about 2 years ago, I also had a career. I just kept pushing on til the doc. had me sign up for disability, which my husband , you will never get it. You see he only saw me running my own business, taking care of my mother who had alzheimers, and my sister who had lost her husband. He had no idea I was hanging on by a thread. Well, I got on disability the first go round(thank the Good Lord) because I didn't have the strength to fight the system for myself. I had done that for my mom and sis. Does anyone else have to keep reminding themselves that they are ill? I wonder, after all this time, pain, etc...why I keep reading about others like me as though I need reasurrance. I can identify with so much and have had 4 doc. tell me that I had fibro as well as numerous other stuff and more keeps coming. I guess I find comfort knowing there are so many other suffers out there. Well this is enough for now. God Bless everyone. sheri
    suffering people.
  2. sheri

sheri New Member

Hello;
    I found this site and found it interesting enough to go through the "joining" process. Have had Fibro for many years w/myofacia , etc...I'm a mom w/adult children as well as step-mom that are grown now and lots of grandchildren. Up until about 2 years ago, I also had a career. I just kept pushing on til the doc. had me sign up for disability, which my husband , you will never get it. You see he only saw me running my own business, taking care of my mother who had alzheimers, and my sister who had lost her husband. He had no idea I was hanging on by a thread. Well, I got on disability the first go round(thank the Good Lord) because I didn't have the strength to fight the system for myself. I had done that for my mom and sis. Does anyone else have to keep reminding themselves that they are ill? I wonder, after all this time, pain, etc...why I keep reading about others like me as though I need reasurrance. I can identify with so much and have had 4 doc. tell me that I had fibro as well as numerous other stuff and more keeps coming. I guess I find comfort knowing there are so many other suffers out there. Well this is enough for now. God Bless everyone. sheri
    suffering people.
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

No excuses necessary here. I think you'll be happy you joined the board. It is a wonderful group of folks that can offer wealths of information. All you have to do is ask.

Fellow sufferer, Lisa
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

This is the best place around to learn about fms and get support that you need. Congratulations on winning your SSDI battle. Each victory that we receive gives hope to those of us still lost in the system. Hope to hear from you often.
    Kathryn
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to our world! Yes, I did not want to believe that I was sick for many years, keep pushing myself, and keeping the pain etc. to myself.

I have had Fibro for 20 years now, but about 8 years ago, I truly crashed. Thats when I finally faced the fact that I was sick, and from the looks of things was not getting any better by 'pretending' to myself and everyone else.

Life is a lot easier for me now, I finally gave up with the medical profession, after a very good doctor I had for about 10 years died. From then till now, I could not fine one that I could relate to.

So started educating myself on Fibro, and all else I have, and started using supplements, herbs and just about anything else that will relieve this pain, the sleepleness sinus, headaches, so on and so forth! Even the arthritis I control now with supplements.

I moved to the country, changed my whole lifestyle and mindset .

I have been doing 80% better since all these changes, but they had to start with ME. No one could do this but myself.

I eliminated all the negative people from my life, family and friends, I found out that all they do is bring you down, and are no assert to you health.

I think we all have to make changes, especially where people are concerned.

Coming to this board was the biggest help that I found, bar none! This is a life line too, at the very least, controling this illness, since there is not cure in sight.

These is always someone here that has tried something that works for them, and at times for others too.

Some have even found great doctors here.

I do hope you enjoy the board, and that we hear from you often.

YOu will find some very great people who can relate to you, and who are more than willing to give their time to help you too.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 11/14/2002]
  6. sheri

sheri New Member

Thank you for your welcoming comments. Isn't it nice to know you can talk to people that you don't personally know, yet have a sort of kin-ship with them? We all have a lot in common don't we? Blessings to you all, sheri
    PS in my goof, I put Mrs. J. in one spot, that is me(boy is my face red).
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Don't worry about goofs here, we all make 'em! As others have said, welcome & come to the board often, we're all friends here with a lot in common. And I'm so glad your disability went through without problems, so many here fight for several rounds before having success.

Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate with family issues to deal with, hope you can also now take time for yourself, too. You will find lots of support here, and good info, too. I'm glad you are here.

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

First, Welcome and hope you enjoy the board im new to it and really enjoy the people here you learn alot.I know what you feel for years i steped around the pain,as i was always the family care taker if anyone was sick i was there.Now im down and alot of them dont understand like my youngest daughter who says it a "cop out disese' SO I TRY NOT TO GET MAD WHEN SHE DOESNT ASK HOW I AM.I worked in a retirement home as a supervisor and was always working with the elderly before that job. So now take care of yourself and make time for yourself i am and what an ajustment that is just to care for myself with my hubby and sons help of course LOL LindaGa
  9. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You have been one busy, girl! Most of us where the go getters---over-achievers....but I know this one, is kinda glad I ran out of gas--not that these disorders are in anyway a good thing. Positive does come out though, in the fact that I now concentrate on those things in life which are REALLY important!
    So nice to meet you, and looking forward to your posts.
    Karen

"To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you just might be the world." author unknown
  10. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Hi Sheri,

Welcome I don't get a lot of time to respond, but I did want you to feel you can be a part of the huge family. I am still working full-time and also care for my mom with Alz.

It's nice to have a place to come where people understand you and can relate. Also if you need info someone will have it. Or if you just want to vent, or if you want to let other know of a sucess story.

Hugs to all Laura
  11. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Sheri,
    I am so glad you got SSD first time around, I am still waiting and ths is my 3rd time.
    I too have to keep reminding myself that I cannot and am not who I useed to be. This is a very hard thing to do.
    This board is wonderful, many caring people. Andthe best part is everyone Understands!
    Welcome again,
    Denise
  12. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi Sheri - my husband is the same, but I still love him after 25 years. We Type-As have a lot in common. This group is wonderful; always supportive and I have found so much GOOD info on this site! Peace, prayers and lots of love in your life, BonBons

[ advertisement ]