I am new to the borads...and in desperate need of a dr in seattle area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amyjoy2002, Nov 26, 2002.

1. amyjoy2002

amyjoy2002 New Member

I have recently moved to Seattle after living in Hawaii for seven years. I was diagnosed with FM while living in Hawaii. Shortly after being diagnosed, I got pregnant. The doctor took me off of most of my meds. Well now I am in the Seattle area frantically in search of a doctor that knows what is going on b/c of the flare up. I was referred to a dr here by a friend. I went to see this dr a few weeks ago and he told me that he would not prescribe me anything for my muscle spasms, chronic pain, restless leg or the severe headaches I have. He told me that he would pray for me and put me through the drill (MRI, PT, X-Rays, and massage thereapy). Well, I went back yesterday and he told me that all of my results are within normal range.....yeah (LIKE I DIDN"T KNOW THIS ALREADY).

Yesterday was a good day...but today is horrible!!!! I could barely get out of bed this morning with my 7 month old. I hate living with such pain at the age of 26. Better yet, I hate doctors that tell me nothing is wrong. Sure test results may not indicate that anything is wrong, but why will they not listen to their patients?? I am eating about 20 advil a day to make it around the house and this dr is too paranoid to give me anything to help me cope better. The lining of my stomach should be eaten up any day now.

Can any of you guys recommend a doctor that has empathy and a true understanding of this condition??? I am so sorry that I am venting, but I found this board JUST IN TIME.....

Thanks so much......amy

btw....what meds are most of you on and what are the side effects? Do they help??
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  2. amyjoy2002

amyjoy2002 New Member

I have recently moved to Seattle after living in Hawaii for seven years. I was diagnosed with FM while living in Hawaii. Shortly after being diagnosed, I got pregnant. The doctor took me off of most of my meds. Well now I am in the Seattle area frantically in search of a doctor that knows what is going on b/c of the flare up. I was referred to a dr here by a friend. I went to see this dr a few weeks ago and he told me that he would not prescribe me anything for my muscle spasms, chronic pain, restless leg or the severe headaches I have. He told me that he would pray for me and put me through the drill (MRI, PT, X-Rays, and massage thereapy). Well, I went back yesterday and he told me that all of my results are within normal range.....yeah (LIKE I DIDN"T KNOW THIS ALREADY).

Yesterday was a good day...but today is horrible!!!! I could barely get out of bed this morning with my 7 month old. I hate living with such pain at the age of 26. Better yet, I hate doctors that tell me nothing is wrong. Sure test results may not indicate that anything is wrong, but why will they not listen to their patients?? I am eating about 20 advil a day to make it around the house and this dr is too paranoid to give me anything to help me cope better. The lining of my stomach should be eaten up any day now.

Can any of you guys recommend a doctor that has empathy and a true understanding of this condition??? I am so sorry that I am venting, but I found this board JUST IN TIME.....

Thanks so much......amy

btw....what meds are most of you on and what are the side effects? Do they help??
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  3. Molegirl

Molegirl New Member

Hi Amy! I'm in Seattle too, and I just found a great doctor who is very understanding and knowledgeable about FM. Please email me and I'll give you the specifics. (Sorry if I'm violating any board rules...I read the rules and only saw restrictions if collecting email addresses for commercial reasons.)

The main drawback is that he only takes cash, and does not participate in any insurance plan. But it's worth it...

take care,
    Molegirl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2002]
  4. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I was in your shoes about 6 months ago.Had all the tests run by a ruemy named Bockow. What an ass. Am so lucky to have found 3 Drs. I admire and trust. #1 is my chiropracter in Burien, Dr Lauren Chinn. Awesome , he's the one that first figured out my FMS. #2 Dr. Uberoi. She's a ruemy in Federal Way.Very easy going and kind. Gave me Fexeril and hope.#3 my newest best friend, Dr. Laura Perry,in Burien. Her sister has FMS. She understands it! Her dads a DR. Her mom's a shrink and she's married to a surgeon. Hows that for resume? Anyway she gave me vicodin for breakthru pain in my ribs. Zoloft for my crazies and tradazone to sleep. WE NEED OUR SLEEP. Had tried trigger point injections in the past from the jerk Dr. He wouldnt even consider drugs and thought he was such a know it all. Anyway, doing so much better with moderete exercize and gentle tissue massage. Hope this helps you out a bit if you are anywhere near the south end of Seattle. Dr Perry, even tho is a family practioner, seems to be the one I will rely on most for support. Good luck Let me know how you do.
  5. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

i'm also 26 i have three kids 8,6,and 18 months. i live in canada so i can't help, but i have a sister that lives in seattle. hope i get to know you better welcome to the board. have you tryed the chat rooms the people are very nice and helpful.

take care stephanie.

[ advertisement ]