I am new to the worship board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caj, May 5, 2004.

1. caj

caj New Member

Any of you not able to go to bible studies and special church event because of FMS? Tonight is children's church and as usual on Wed. night, I hurt too much to go.

Our church is only 2 miles down the road. I get so discouraged with this illness and the way it limits my activities. I try to make it to sunday morning worship but, lately, even that has become difficult.

I sit here feeling guilty for not going. I start thinking "It could be satan telling me not to go". But then I think about how horrible I feel and think "no, this cannot be satan telling me this because I DO feel awful".

I am going to see my doctor on Monday to talk about my depression. Something has to give because I want to live life to the fullest. I can definitly use all the prayer I can get. I want to feel like me again.

Love and hugs, caj
  2. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi caj,
    I'm fairly new to this site. If you look below, I posted a thread called "Not going to church". You can take a look at some of those responses. Some apply...some don't.

The limitations are very frustrating. It's hard to judge yourself then have others judge you also. It's a great time to learn that God is my judge and not myself or others. Don't be so hard on yourself...take time for God in other ways if you can't physically make it to church:)
    Love and hugs, Kathy
  3. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I have seen your posts on the FM board, it nice to have you join our little group here. I will add my prayers that you will be given the strength to achieve what ever you need to. Don't feel guilty about not attending church, I'm sure God understands.
    I pray your depression will lift & you will feel God's peace.
    Linda.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome to the worship board. Yes, I struggle with this too and its not just church, but going out anywhere. It is exhausting.

Sending prayers up for you. Please don`t feel guilty about this, we really can`t help it, we are sick. I really believe God understands.

Love,
    Sandy
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

so happy you are here.

I really understand what you are going through
    I am going through the same thing.
    a lot of times (most of the time, I cannot go to church, cell groups, etc.
    I miss and need fellowship.
    I listen christian services on TV and play christian music so that I can worship.

Dear Lord I ask that you would Bless Caj and to send christian in her life who can come to her home to minister her and that you would give her peace.

In Jesus name I pray
    Lisa
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

You have my prayers, I totally understand your feelings of not attending church and other functions. The past month or so, I have been so exhausted. I am still working full time, but sometimes wonder if I should try & cut back my hours--can't really afford to financially though.

I went to my doctor last week and she adjusted some of my meds--so hopefully I will start to feel better soon.

Remember we can only do so much, and I'm sure that God understands that we all have limitations. Not going to church is not going to make God to love us less. I find
    connection and peace with Christian worship music.

Take care.

[This Message was Edited on 05/09/2004]