I am new to this

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by pickeeechickie, Dec 15, 2008.

1. pickeeechickie

pickeeechickie New Member

I haven't been on something like this before but after reading what everyone has to say, I feel even more horrible. I can relate to too many things of what is written. I see a few related issues. Sugar, gluten, yeast, sinus infections, feeling like an inftection in the entire body, tick bites, candida, esophogeal spasms, leg weakness and pain, back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the morning to where it is hard to get out of bed, nausea....My question is, why don't these doctors do more research and compare patients and figure out a common denominator. It appears we all pretty much have many theories and are plagued daily to the point of going crazy trying to pinpoint what it is that has taken over our bodies. It is frustrating. I am on depressions meds of sorts, I am taking vitamin b12 of 2000 and vit d 50000 iu becasue I've developed those two deficiencies....does my M.D. want to see what is causing it? NO, she wants to wait and see if the vitimans will mask the issue.

I am so depressed over losing my mind. I can't remember conversations, what I've said or didn't say. I forget to do what I need to do or want to do. I feel lazy because I am so tired. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP, but I don't feel rested. I read someone wrote that they have difficulty getting any tests other than a CBC. She has to ask for other tests. So do I.

I am feeling hopeless. Alone. Scared. Distant. I am not the same person I used to be of course. I was always athletic, active, a real go-getter. I fear what the future holds. How long will I be able to work? How will I take care of my boys? I feel like I am dying. I look horrible when I look into my eyes and at my face. I don't see me anymore.

I have been living like this for about 5 to 6 years now. It is like I woke up one day and boom, it was there. It happen after I got super sick from the flu or something. I do have herpes and have had them since I was 19. I am 45 now. I rarely have break outs anymore...it is a virus. Is the cause of Fibro/CF from a virus?

Thanks for listening, I am so tired and wish some days I had a cane to help me walk. I get too tired to walk and I love to walk. Take care all.
    PickeeeChickie
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Sometimes info on the internet can also be overwhelming. Remember that because you may have had tick bites (and many of us grew up in wooded areas and had many tick bites as kids) does not mean we now have lyme disease. So a tick bite doesn't mean anything by itself. Same thing with sugar, gluten and yeast unless you have had specific tests showing you have problems with these or are allergic to some.

The doctors can't figure out a common denominator because each human is an individual and very different. Right now the concentration is on curing cancer and other diseases.

Depression can make you feel hopless, alone and scared. How about going to a local senior center (and they do accept people that are not seniors) and find some support groups you can join and they might help you the most. Ask the senior center if someone there might be able to arrange to go through their medical supplies and find a cane to loan you. Good luck.
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

You seem to have a bad case of CFS/ME; the Vit D and B-12 may help you with some of the extreme fatigue. Do try to give it some time and see what happens, ok?

Mostly I'm interested in your feelings of isolation and aloneness, which would make a saint feel depressed!

Call your closest United Way and ask if there are support groups in your area: I'd try for FM, CFS and also Chronic Illness ones. I would hope you could find supportive friends who know what you are going through.
    I have made wonderful friends this way. (FM and CFIDS/ME SGs)

The suggestion to find a cane was a good one...why don't you try to? My best friend uses just a long sturdy petrified limb from an old tree, and loves it to pieces!

I'm so glad you came here; do continue to reach out for support and encouragement, won't you? We do care...

findmind