I AM NEW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanny, Sep 28, 2002.

1. nanny

nanny New Member

HI EVERYONE. I HAVE FM,CFS,IBS,MIGRAINES,ASHTMA & OTHER THINGS AS WELL. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR 8 YEARS NOW.AM STILL LOOKING FOR A GOOD DR IN UPSTATE NY.THAT DEALS WITH THIS.AM YET TO FIND ONE!! AM BEGINNING TO WONDER IF I EVER WILL.THINGS HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD OVER THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS.I HAVE HAD TWO SEVERE ASTHMA ATTACKS & 911 HAD TO BE CALLED.I NEVER HAD ASTHMA IN MY LIFE & ALL OF A SUDDEN I CAN HARDLY BREATHE.THIS REALLY HAS ME CONFUSED! HAS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD THIS HAPPEN? IT LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO QUIT MY JOB THAT I LOVE VERY MUCH. I DONT KNOW HOW I AM GOING TO SUPPORT MY SON IF THIS HAPPENS. I HAVE ONLY BEEN WORKINS PART TIME FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS AS FULL TIME IS JUST TO MUCH WITH ALL THE PAIN. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS OF A GOOD DR.IN THE ALBANY AREA OF NY. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME COMPLAIN. NANNY
  2. nanny

nanny New Member

HI EVERYONE. I HAVE FM,CFS,IBS,MIGRAINES,ASHTMA & OTHER THINGS AS WELL. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR 8 YEARS NOW.AM STILL LOOKING FOR A GOOD DR IN UPSTATE NY.THAT DEALS WITH THIS.AM YET TO FIND ONE!! AM BEGINNING TO WONDER IF I EVER WILL.THINGS HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD OVER THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS.I HAVE HAD TWO SEVERE ASTHMA ATTACKS & 911 HAD TO BE CALLED.I NEVER HAD ASTHMA IN MY LIFE & ALL OF A SUDDEN I CAN HARDLY BREATHE.THIS REALLY HAS ME CONFUSED! HAS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD THIS HAPPEN? IT LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO QUIT MY JOB THAT I LOVE VERY MUCH. I DONT KNOW HOW I AM GOING TO SUPPORT MY SON IF THIS HAPPENS. I HAVE ONLY BEEN WORKINS PART TIME FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS AS FULL TIME IS JUST TO MUCH WITH ALL THE PAIN. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS OF A GOOD DR.IN THE ALBANY AREA OF NY. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME COMPLAIN. NANNY
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I know of 2 outstanding chiropractors in Schenectedy - John & Tom Hackett. I think both are still practicing, although they are getting old. For an MD, I would gladly trust whoever they sent me to - they are my cousins.
    Kathryn
  4. Thella

Thella New Member

I am very new here as well. I have fibro and cfs. The cfs is the real kicker.
    I am in Canada so of no help with a name but there is a spot here at the top of the page to click on to find a good dr. in the states. I have read about it but haven't checked it out.
    Hope you can find a good dr. who can help you with the pain management so you can keep your job.
    Take care
    Thella
  5. nanny

nanny New Member

KATHRYN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! THAT WILL WORK OUT GREAT BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE I AM FROM. I JUST FIGURED I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO ALBANY YO FIND A DR. I CHECKED THE PHONE BOOK YESTHEY ARE BOTH STILL PRACTICING I WILL BE CALLING FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING. THANK YOU AGAIN.

NANNY
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I am new here, too...and have found this to be a great place for information, as well as support. Incase you can't get in to see the two Docs recommended to you, for some reason--I highly recommend the "Good Doctors List", here on this sight. I found, and have been seen, by one of the Doctors, listed. He is great!!!
    Hope you do well in search of a Doc!
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  7. nanny

nanny New Member

THELLA ,THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I WILL CHECK OUT THE DR. LIST & SEE WHAT I CAN FIND. BUT I AM GOING TO CALL THE CHIROPRACTORS THAT KATHRYN SUGGESTED TO SEE IF THEY CAN REFER ME TO SOMEONE.HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD FIBRO? I AM REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO TALKING WITH PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH. BECAUSE MY FAMILY SURE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! YOU WOULD THINK AFTER 8 YEARS THEY WOULD, BUT THEY REALLY DONT. THEY JUST GO WITH THE FLOW DEPENDING ON THE KIND OF DAY I AM HAVING.LOOKING FOWARD TO TALKING WITH YOU AGAIN SOON.

NANNY
  8. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Nanny,
    Just wanted to introduce myself to you. I'm sorta new too.
    I was dx with FM 10/12 yrs ago. I now think I have CFS.

I'm so thrilled that you've already gotten some good advice here.

I live in Alabama, so that is quite a distance from you.
    But there are so many people from all over that we can find
    help from.

So glad that you've got a good starting point now. Like I
    said, I'm overly thrilled that you've gotten good responses.

Post back to keep us all informed on your progress.
    Who knows, you may find just what you have been needing.

Best Wishes to my new fibro-friend.
    Good luck Monday on your search for a good Doc.

Warm Wishes, and Hugs
    LadyDi