I am NOT doing so good today, does too much heat exposure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

send anyone into panic/anxiety attacks? I woke up to a major attack today and they keep coming..one after another and I'm having a really difficult time trying to keep them onder control, I was out yesterday from 7:00am til 5:00pm and thenagain from 7:30pm til 10:00pm. it was a very very warm day yesterday and I did get sunburned...if this keeps up with the attacks I may have to go to the hospital.

Ann
  2. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

I think the heat, humidity and barometric pressure can have adverse effects on persons with CFIDS and FMS. Make sure you get lots of water and keep you electrolytes up also. I switch on and off between water and a sports drink( a real sports drink) not an energy drink with just caffine and sugar. I also can't take the sun, it sounds strange but in the winter I use a tanning bed and I feel better, helps with leg pain and I feel better over all. I don't try to bake myself just enough to take in enough UV rays. Are you on anything for panic attacks? Or antidepressants, sun exposure can have an impact on some meds? - Bobby
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I'm on cloazapam(sp) for panic attacks but they are not working for me today. don't know how much longer I can handle this.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know it's hot here and the humidity makes it worse. It's great to be out in the summer but can you stay in air conditioning more often? That helps me. I take Ativan when the anxiety is too much but I also can get some relief from Rescue Remedy. You could try that.
    It's supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow.

Take Care
    Kathy
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

first of all..what is Rescue Remedy and where can I get it?

I was at a car show yesterday and my husband needed me and there was no A/C anywhere but we were under an umbrella.
    I am just so short of breath.

Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Rescue Remedy is a homeopathic remedy, one of the Bach flower remedies. It is well known for it's ability to help stress and anxiety. Others here have posted about it. Like everything else, it doesn't help everyone but it's worth a try. You should be able to get it in any health store. It is widely available.

I hope today is a 'cooler' one for you!
    Kathy
  7. sc4jc86

sc4jc86 New Member

I'm not sure if everyone's daily maintenance medication is working well for them, but I take the Neuro Bundle from jigsaw and it works wondered. I feel much less stress and anxiety on a daily basis. They seem to have a TON of info on their webpage about all kinds of chronic conditions and disorders.
    http://www.jigsawhealth.com

-V
  8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I will try the website you provided, as for my meds working....well I hope so...my Dr kinda acts put out when I ask her for something different for my anxiey.

Ann
  9. sc4jc86

sc4jc86 New Member

Your Dr. acting "put out" when you ask for treatment makes no sense what so ever. You are paying his/her bills when you make a visit. Your doc is supposed to help and support you not treat you like an inconvenience. Sorry if I'm ranting but that makes me mad . Of all of the professions in the world, for someone who is supposed to bring healing, to bring discomfort and hesitance, that's backwards. Especially if she is treating you for anxiety, you shouldn't feel bad about asking her for help with a new med. I hope you find better help, whether it be from your current doc changing their attitude or finding a new doc. Def. check out jigsaw. There is one suppliment, 5HTP that cannot be taking with anti-depressants, but other than that, they can be taken with your meds. Hope this helps.
    -V