I am not feeling well and it has been a bad week... (A Rant)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Aug 25, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I change the name because I am not whiny very often but I am today.

well I am still not sweating...arrgh and I am very tired of it over heat very easily.

Please before anyone says anything I am under very good care from my physician and I am drinking lots of fluids. :)

The past couple of days at work have been very rough I had to put in 30 hour of transcription in 2 and 1/2 days and didn't think I was going to make it...sigh

This has sent my body into a major tail spin of pain.

If I could have gotten my hands on some TNT I would have leveled the medical center I work for and turned into a parking lot you think they could afford a new keyboard and new headset for me...arrghhh

I am so glad this week is over and that I do not have to go back to work until Tuesday.

I am getting a migraine (barometric must be dropping) and my back is killing me and if that isn't enough it feel like the FMS is flaring again.

I got 3 hours of sleep so I guess the Lexapro didn't help with that very long....what's next?

Thanks for reading,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

First of thank you for answering my rant post. I am feeling a little like the lone stranger around here today and more than a little sorry for myself but I'll get over it.

I am 45 and have had a hysterectomy I am on HRT low dose.

My physician feels that the not sweating issue is related to the PT and so do I for that matter.

I have had hot flashes when I forget to take my HTR and this doesn't feel like that at all. I have been keeping an eye on my temperature.

The really odd thing is I will feel cold to touch kind of hot as far as my head goes and when I take my temperature it will be something like 101 degrees so I drink more water and it helps lower it...strange

I don't really get hot after I eat but I do get hot when I first go to bed the in the middle of the night if I have been sleeping...LOL I will get cold.

Thanks for caring so much you are a friend and I appreciate it soooo much-more than you will ever know :)

Take care,

Karen :)

Your PT partner in crime...

3. kjfms

kjfms Member

4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I can not help you with the sweating issue because I developed the opposite problem with this disease. I use to have a friend (now I call an acquaintance since I have found there are few friends) that never sweat and she was not ill.

If your doctor will write on a prescription pad that you need a keyboard and headset because of your physical condition, I think that there are laws where they have to make your working conditions conducive to your health needs.

Since you work in a medical center, surely they will comply with the law. They should know that now and do it without a doctor's order.

Before I left work, I was having lots of neck, shoulder & pain plus severe headaches. My doctor wrote the note to my employer and they had to move my computer, my phone, change the phone, adjust my chair, move the calculator so that I would not have to stretch to get to everything. The only thing they did not want me to do was use a headset because I was the bank's manager and they really did not think that their VP should be in a headset. I did not push that because I was up and down contantly and I knew it would be too much trouble for me.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post I really appreciate it. Sorry you can not call that person a friend any longer.

The anhidrosis (lack of sweating)is because of my pituitary tumor so basically it's just a waiting game on that but thanks for you concern.

I am sorry I should have explained better in my post. I am using a rather old keyboard and the darn thing started acting up this week and made my job pretty difficult because I do medical transcription so I am typing all day.

If that was enough the headset I use is pretty old too so of course it had to start going bad at just about the same time a case of Murphy's Law if I ever saw one...LOL I have to wear a headset in order to do my job-I have to hear the physicians dictation.

I just need new equipment and hope they will get it soon or I will blow a gasket and show them #$@^& I can be but I would prefer not to do that.

I just had a really tough week but I am getting over it and I really appreciate your post to me. It has helped.

Taking 2 Darvocet has also helped. My back and head are feeling much better.

Take care of you,

Karen

6. spacee

spacee Member

My Twin quit sweating about 20 years ago. And she had terrible insommia. I really don't know what to say except I really do feel for you. That is a very hard thing to deal with. Dangerous too.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Spacee
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

how goes it with you. Did your twin ever find out why she did this? Both are really getting to me.

Thanks for sending me some hugs they help,

Karen :)
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hi Karen,

I have not been around much but I wanted to say I am sorry you had to do all this work ---I always admire people with this DD being able to work and that sounded like a very heavy job.

I went back of Valium this week and I have to say it seems to help. I take 1mg midday and another 1mg before bed. If I am still not sleeping or in too much pain to sleep by 11.pm I take another 1mg.

It has helped the MPS for sure and relaxes me, gets me a bit weepy and snarly when it wears off even at such a low dose.

I think you may have deleted your more recent post, but I wanted to still send a big hug.

Love Anne
  9. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

Been trying to get in toucch with you. Lost your Number. Sorry to hear your nto doing to well. Call me if you still have my number. If nto let me know.
    Diane