I am not sure how to say this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlayne, Jun 7, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

I received a wonderful job offer. I wasn't even looking because I am far from well, and still sleeping thru out the day & night. The owner of two assisted living facilities called and asked me to be her nurse. I consider this an honor to even be asked, because she is a wonderful lady who truely loves and values her residents!

I wish this offer would have come at a better time for me, but even at this time it is an offer that I can't refuse. I explained my health status to her, and she is willing to work me 4 hours a day 5 days a week until my health improves. I just pray that I can do even this small amount of hours.

Now for the hard part...even tho I have been to exhausted to be very involved in this board, I feel like I have met some very wonderful and inspiring friends here. I am sure that there have been some posts that I haven't kept up with lately, and for this I am deeply regretful. Please forgive me.

When I am able I will check in with you all. I am also planning on going to the worship board, like a dear friend suggested (thank you Misty), when I am able.

Please know that even though I will not be here much that you are all dear to me. You all have a special place in my heart, and I pray for a cure for all of us everyday. Love & prayers, Tam
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I want to wish you lots of good thoughts on the new job.
    I think you will do well.If there willing to work with you .

Boy I wish I could find something like .

Good luck to you.

Takr Care
    Sue
  3. jenemc

jenemc New Member

good luck with your job and let us know how it goes....and chheck in when you can...thats all i do and i don;'t work...i lurk around mostly.

jennie
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi tlayne,

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well and can relate, however, what a wonderful thing to do when you're not feeling well. I'm happy that the owner understands your health status and will work with you. I can appreciate one caring for others; my Mother used to "home care" for others. She is not a nurse so she didn't work at the facilities.

Also, I understand about not feeling like coming to the board. I have found everyone here to be very helpful and wonderful people. Take care of yourself.

Please DO go to the Worship Board if you feel the need.

God Bless You,

BlueSky555
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

for your best wishes!! I love taking care of the elderly! They bless my heart! Maybe I will get better faster by being with these lovely souls. I am still a little scared tho. Hugs, Tam
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

How wonderful to be so well thought of by this dear lady! And you might find what I found---it gives you a sense of purpose that you were maybe missing, and it ends up being not as bad as you thought.

Going back to work 6 hours a day three years ago was the best thing I ever did. The first couple of weeks were an adjustment, but after that, my FM symptoms started to actually improve. I really believe it was having someone besides myself to think about (I work with troubled kids; for you it's the elderly population) in a job where I truly felt like I made a difference.

I'm on a leave of absence right now, three years later, due to another pressing health problem, but I hope to be back in September---I can't wait.

Best of luck to you----I see a lot of great nurses these days, and believe me, I really appreciate all their expertise and dedication. I pray this job works out for you, and you find it fulfilling without being too much to handle.

Keep us posted when you can!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

That's great!!
    I would like to post a prayer request for you on the worship board?
    Will be praying for you to have the strengh you need, it sounds like something you will enjoy, and hopefully they will work with you.

I had a wonderful friend that employed me in her greenhouse, and allowed me to set my own hours. It worked very well, and i loved the work, got me out of the house.
    Then she divorced her husband, so that was the end of that, i couldn't work for Him.
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

and I will keep in touch, and let you know how it is going.

Pam, I hope you can go back to work soon. I have worked with disabled children in the past & I loved it. But the elderly seem to be what I am drawn to. They have so much wisdom & knowledge. They are nearing the end of their journey here, and I feel part of my job is to help them make their final transition home. Thank you for your prayers, I need them.

Morningsonshine, Yes! Thank you for requesting a prayer for me! I am so afraid that I am not healthy enough to work. I wish you lived by me. I would be delighted to have you work the hours that you could! I am still going to answer the other post from you.

Hugs to all, Tam