I am on the mend, with one set back they discovered an

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Sep 28, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

unidentified long strand of what looks like a fiberoptic string-they had to open my incision up at the office yesterday and pulled about 4 inches of this stuff out-iy hurt like the dickens-put me on antibiotics becasue of low grade fever and fear of what ever this is is infecting the wound. He is researching it to find out what it is and may have to open me back up to make sure all is out or find a test that can see this in my knee to make sure we got it all. I do nto think so though-I have had this strange pulling sensation since surgery and when he pulled it out that is the spot I had been feeling it. and it snapped, so I am thinking it broke off andnot all is out uggggggggggg!!!!!!! Just another griswold adventure. He said in doing over 1000 cases he had never seen this before and has no idea what it is or how it got there. Isn't that great?

Anyway off to my son's soccer game and back to bed and icing my knee. My back is killing me from the crutches and basically of course in a major flare-lots of pain and fatigue-but i have faith all will be well and turn out like it should.

H highly recommneds I leave ACL alone, he is afraid of the recovery with me and preexisting conditions and feels with PT and time I will find the pain was from meniscus he removed. Only time will tell.

take care all

cathy
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

unidentified long strand of what looks like a fiberoptic string-they had to open my incision up at the office yesterday and pulled about 4 inches of this stuff out-iy hurt like the dickens-put me on antibiotics becasue of low grade fever and fear of what ever this is is infecting the wound. He is researching it to find out what it is and may have to open me back up to make sure all is out or find a test that can see this in my knee to make sure we got it all. I do nto think so though-I have had this strange pulling sensation since surgery and when he pulled it out that is the spot I had been feeling it. and it snapped, so I am thinking it broke off andnot all is out uggggggggggg!!!!!!! Just another griswold adventure. He said in doing over 1000 cases he had never seen this before and has no idea what it is or how it got there. Isn't that great?

Anyway off to my son's soccer game and back to bed and icing my knee. My back is killing me from the crutches and basically of course in a major flare-lots of pain and fatigue-but i have faith all will be well and turn out like it should.

H highly recommneds I leave ACL alone, he is afraid of the recovery with me and preexisting conditions and feels with PT and time I will find the pain was from meniscus he removed. Only time will tell.

take care all

cathy
  3. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Oh geez! That sounds like something out of a horror/sci-fi movie!

Hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted!

-Shoobie
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

are you sure you werent at on of those pshicaic surgons?
    just kidding but thats what it sounds like, you poor thing
    yes it is anthor griswold andventure huh,lol
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Was it string like man made? Hope all goes well and that your son had a great game. Good luck, Kim and Gary

[ advertisement ]