I AM PAINTING...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suzan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Thanks for all the encouragement!....I don't know if this first effort will be it...or if it will take me several canvases to get what it is my head out....But I am painting....and it feels darn good.
    I know I have been doing things to take care of my life...but most of them have sort of been on automatic pilot. You know, it is very much like making funeral arrangements when someone close to you dies. You are in shock...but you know there are things that need doing...and you just do them. Then one day you look back and think 'how the heck did I manage to do all that???"

Well, I have been thinking...how in the heck did I manage to do all that!...but I did it...I got myself to a safe place..and I started the legal things I have to do ( even tho I am STILL waiting for conformation on 'him' being served.) But I DID that stuff...and for now it is taken care of.

So..now I am starting to take care of me...I have an eye doc appt. later this afternoon..Plans to see a friend later today..and probably my grandson tomorrow.
    I am showered..the dishes are done...and
    I AM PAINTING.

Eventually I hope to have something that I can share with you all...maybe a bit of a thank to all of you who check in on the support board..and offer me words of encouragement..and cheer me on...and tell me all sorts of amazing things.
    But even if I don't get this to be 'art'...at least I am doing it...and totally enjoying putting paint on my brush..and spreading it across that white space..and having it begin to look like what is in my head!

Thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!
    Suzan
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I also paint and since my Mother passed away in July, am finding it's been a wonderful way to spend my days.

She had been really sick for the last 4 months or so before she passed and it was really hard with having to deal with her things, and forget how I felt.

I'm back in a watercolor class once a week, spend at least 2 hours in my studio daily, and love it.

I've recently discovered Yupo (a type of hot press paper though actually plastic) and it's amazing what can be achieved with it working with watercolor.

I would love to see some of your work so when you get a chance post something new.

3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I am self taught. I always wanted to paint, and my middle son chose painting as his major in college! He was the one that told me to 'just go for it' a few years ago.
    I had always painted furniture..and sometimes decorative wall finishes..but to put paint on a canvas was intimidating at first.
    Now I can get lost in a painting for hours and days.

I have a painting in my head...about this whole divorce experience...now I have to see if I can get what is in my head out!

I put a picture of an older painting that I did in my profile.

Suzan
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I recently took up painting with acrylics. I love abstract art and I get completely lost in the experience. It's kind of like meditating, gets one's mind off mundane things.

Love, Mikie
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Suzan,

Yes, I think everyone should have an interest of some sort or hobby to help us through our pain and everything else that ails us. Your painting is like my singing, in a few different groups. It is my THERAPY and this is yours. I just checked your bio and saw your lovely flowers, so vibrant and pretty.

You are way on your way to "finding yourself" now as they say. This helps clear your mind and relaxes you some and just makes you feel good as well as helping uyou to forget the pain and all , even if it just for awhile.. That is a good thing.

Keep on painting and showing us your work. Looks like you have talent to me. I am not very talented at all when it comes to art. I was supposed to decorate a pumpkin for a party and I did it the lazy mans way - all with stickers and some ribbon for the hair. It does look cute. However, I am sure I will not win any prizes. We go to the party tonight. - pre Halloween dinner.

Bye for now.

Warm hugs and blessings,

Granni (Marilyn)
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Suzan,

Yes, I think everyone should have an interest of some sort or hobby to help us/them through our pain and everything else that ails us. Your painting is like my singing, in a few different groups. It is my THERAPY and this is yours. I just checked your bio and saw your lovely flowers, so vibrant and pretty.

You are way on your way to "finding yourself" now as they say. This helps clear your mind and relaxes you some and just makes you feel good as well as helping you to forget the pain and all , even if it just for awhile.. That is a good thing.

Keep on painting and showing us your work. Looks like you have talent to me. I am not very talented at all when it comes to art. I was supposed to decorate a pumpkin for a party and I did it the lazy mans way - all with stickers and some ribbon for the hair. It does look cute. However, I am sure I will not win any prizes. We go to the party tonight. - pre Halloween dinner.

Bye for now.

Warm hugs and blessings,

Granni (Marilyn)
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

I need to get back to painting... I know when I do, color makes me so happy - sets off the endorphins or something I guess...

And working with the right side of the brain is so great for relaxation! I hope you keep on painting, Suzan!

All the best,
    Victoria