i am planning on going back to college

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Jun 28, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am think about taking one class this semester...only...i will need to take my science classes out of the way...which means i will need to do algelbra, but technically i do not have to...but i need to take chemistry and well it will be a bugger to not know the formulas...

i have some preregs that i will need to take before i can apply of some dental hygiene school's in the bay area....or san francisco i figure even if i work one day a week it will be more than my ssdi is in a month..and stupid me said i did not want anymore alimony aafter my son finshies high school..

well anyways... i will get buy..pray ing for my section 8 voucher that would relive my stress..

jodie
  2. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Jodie that is wonderful news to hear and you have truly encouraged me here. I am in school myself too.

Again congrats and I pray that everything works out well for you.
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hey girl!

I am SO proud of you for doing this!!

You know I'm in RN school, so I understand about the prereq's! I was TERRIBLE in algebra in high school, but my college professor was wonderful.

It seems from my experience, the college professors are more willing to lend exta help where needed, so don't be afraid to approach your professor ouside of class. I got an "A" in my college algebra class!

Chemistry is another story. I took it in high school so I didn't have to take for college. I kinda wish I had though. It would've helped me in physiology. I still got a "B" in Phys, but now I could really use that extra knowledge in my nursing classes!

You will do GREAT!! We will HAVE to keep encouraging each other thru this!

Take care sweetie! Remember I'm always here for you!
    Love,
    C-mom
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i went to my doctor appt this morning..for a physical..can you believe either i left all the lab paper work on chair in the room or the doctor ran off w/it...i have to call him up today..

well i have carpal tunnel. which i know will flair up when i start using my hands more...

i just want to get through the prequistes then i will be on easy street..for i am still an retired dental assistant...

know the lingo and know how to take xrays...so it should be a breeze for me..

it will be the human anatomey..we have to work on a cadavor...yikes...

so i do need to check w/counselor and get scheduled..

for a couple of classes..i have to plan it out correctly..

jodie
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just will have to grin and bear...then i can maybe work a day a week that will still be more than my ssdi check will be...more like 4 times...

i don't have take alegebra because i met that requirment in h.s....but i am going to retake it....because i will need to be prepared for chemistry...

then micorbiology human anatomey and a possibly a nutrition class..i already took that but it is not w/i the last 5 years of applying..

i started all of this years back but i fell into bad health...spleenecotmy and the gall bladder removed...

i need to go to sleep...i had a long day...

jodie
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

How exciting!

Not to sound morbid, but we disected cats. I would have loved to have the opportunity to do a cadaver!

I was unsure how I would feel. After getting into the muscular system...I was hooked! It is SO interesting. And I got very good at the disecting process.

I'm doing Micro in the fall. (Yuck!)

Anyway, good luck to you! And keep us posted!

C-mom

7. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Achieve your goals and let NOTHING stand in your way!
    We all have faith in you,good luck,and go get'em
    Love and hugs,
    Mary