I am scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by k2626, Jun 17, 2008.

1. k2626

k2626 New Member

I am not sure what is wrong with me and am hoping for feedback. Here is my situation...

I have been having tingling in my right foot for a few weeks, almost how it feels when it just starts to wake up from falling asleep. I have felt like my insides have been vibrating some, I know sounds weird. Have been getting dizzy spells on and off the past few months and have been tired.
    Here is what worries me. I started to get a lower pain in my back, on top of both sides of my hips, I could barely walk. About 20 min later the pain went away. Last Friday I had such bad pain in my left ankle, I could not walk. It was fine when I woke up in the am. I have had other pains in my back, my shins and right foot that come briefly then go. It feels like the pain is in my bones and that scares me.

Can anyone please give me some feedback? I am petrified
  2. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

First step would be to go to doctor. Do you have FM? I can't diagnose.but if you feel something is wrong with your back, besst not to wait

3. k2626

k2626 New Member

I go back into my doc on Thurs. I saw her 2 wks ago due to a dull pain on the left side of my stomach that spread to my back (have had this on and off for yrs) Had an ultra sound of organs (kidney, liver, etc) all came back okay. Now all of this has started coming on.

I am going through a ton of stress (dad just diagnosed with terminal PC cancer and liver)SO maybe part of it stems from that, but I do not know as the pains are there and are real. The vibrating in body and tingling in my feet have been going on before his diagnosis.

I worry that this is something more serious. Its not just shooting pains in my back, but ankle and legs. It feels more like its in the bones not the muscle. Does it sound like FM?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/17/2008]
  4. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

Anyone can tell you that pain is a symptom of something. It does not just occur on its own. I have deep pains in my joints, back, etc. I have tingling and the falling asleep feelings. I also have burning pain and feel like bugs are crawling under my skin at times. It also can feel like a bee sting or bug bite. If I twist wrong I will be gasping in pain. I have more, but these are just a few.

The reason I mention this is because not only do I have Fibromyalgia, but I have ME/CFS and have a cervical spinal injury. It now appears that my lumbar spine has been injured as well.

There are many things that can cause your symptoms. The only person that can help you determine their cause is a medical professional. I would suggest a neurologist or neurosurgeon as a begining point. If they find nothing wrong, you can move on to a rheumatologist.

I know you wish we could just say..yeah that's it..but we can't, it could be something completely different.

Hope this helps

5. hi all,

i have the skin tingling on my back,from time to time.

ive since found out that its due to my body hairs moving when im wearing clothing.isnt that strange?

i tell my hubby that my spider senses are tingling lol.

but it does get on my nerves sometimes,and only goes away when im laying down on my back.

its a neurological thing,i beleave.

love fran
  6. bikrgrl

bikrgrl New Member

Please see your doctor and if he can't help you ask for a referal to a rheumatologist.
    I can tell you that my fibro gives me what feels like severe bone pain. Sometimes i doubt my diagnosis and wonder if i have severe bone cancer or something like that. The pain is just that bad. In the end however, i know it's fibro. that's just the way this disease works.
    Word of waring, it can takes years to get a fibro diagnosis. First of all, they have to rule out all the other possible condtions before they can even diagnose fibro.
    It took 7 years and 27 doctors for me. (this is longer than a lot) but i still am awaiting diagnosis on some things.
    Either way, don't wait see your doctor right away and please let us know how it went.
  7. k2626

k2626 New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I am SO scared it is bone cancer, prob because my dad was diagnosed with PC cancer that has spread.

Its so odd though, the pains seemed to come out all of a sudden at once, within a wk. I have had the tingling and fatigue. But the pains started with a pain to my lower back, went away 10 min later, the next night a bad pain in my left ankle (could not walk) was fine in the am, then weird shooting pains to my back, legs and then this am.....my right ankle hurts, it hurts to walk.

Does FM just come out like that and can the pain go one area then to another? I always thought FM was a muscle pain, but this DEF feels like bone pain.

8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

My FIL had bone cancer, it didn't come on this fast and then it was subtle.

I think you may be freaking out worrying. Let us know what happens.

I have FM and arthritis and sometimes I feel like my bones are on fire inside. I have lived with this for 20 years.

Some times we get pain from thinking we may have something we don't. Don't cause yourself to have a problem.

Just try to relax.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2008]
  9. k2626

k2626 New Member

I know, I certainly tend to do this. I get shooting head pains (they come on once and away) that feel like an elecrical storm in my head-I thought it was a tumor. Once I got the results that I was fine, I simmered down some. The mind is powerful and I keep trying to tell myself that, but I always think the worst. I just think its so odd to have these pains just start coming out all of a sudden all over my body.

Can they tell if one has bone cancer with blood work?

Thanks again for your feedback and for calming my nerves (literally ;)
  10. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

You sound so much like me. Every time I have a new pain or new symptom I completely freak out and convince myself I have cancer. My brother passed away when he was only 28 years old of cancer so since then (this was in 1983) I get scared it is going to happen to me too.

I can tell you though that I have had the exact same thing as you--the phantom pains that come out of nowhere and then are gone as quickly as they came on. It is really scarey.

I have had the buzzing and vibration feelings for several years now. That was my first symptom--scared me to death. I was convinced I either had the big C or MS. I had all the tests done and everything came out normal.

The buzzing in my head comes so frequently that now I am used to it. Like you said, it feels like an electrical storm in your head. Sometimes the buzzing is so bad in my arms that I cannot even use them.

I have had so much joint pain with FM that I know it is just a part of my life now. My ankles, feet, back, etc. just like you said. I have it all.

This is my own personal experience, and I am not telling you not to get it checked out because if you are like me, you won't rest until you do. Once I finally got a diagnosis I settled down, but I still get freaked out when I develop a new symptom.

My most recent problem I am having is vertigo. I had convinced myself it was a brain tumor, but all scans came out normal. My dr said it is more than likely FM causing it.

Anyway, go get checked out, but try not to worry too much. Like you said, the mind is very powerful and can make you think worse than what is really going on. Once I go to the dr and find out it isn't something worse then I usually start feeling better immediately.

Hope you find the answers and get some comfort from knowing that others have had the same thing as you. It doesn't always have to be as bad as we think it may be.
    Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing.

God bless,
  11. k2626

k2626 New Member

Thanks for your response Peach. I am so anxious for my appt tomorrow. Do you pains come quickly then go quickly? I really feel as though it is in my bones.

You are right, I will not rest till I have answers from my doctor. I just want to feel normal again, or at least KNOW what is wrong with me.

I too have dizzy spells, in fact I have had those for a few months but brushed them off, just as I brushed off the tingle feeling and vibration in my body. However, now that I have pains moving around my bones, I cant brush it off!

Thanks again to all offering feedback
  12. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have the deep bone pain especially in my legs, upper part. The outside of my upper thighs, or hips then the deep bone pain from hips to knee in both legs.

A couple days ago the pain was so bad it made me nauseated, I had to go to bed but the next day it was gone, but comes and go especially if I go up steps or do any amount of walking. Like trying to go to wal-mart etc.

I also have the darn dizzy spells that come and go.

I have been to three rheumy's to rule out lupus since I have an elevated ANA and CRP but two said FM and one said CFS/FM. I so often doubt my Dx and thinking of seeing an Orthopedic but lately haven't had the energy to make an appointment.

I also have the lower back pain, and body aches everywhere from time to time. It seems I vary from day to day with everything.

I don't have an answer but I sure can relate to the Deep Bone Pain.

Please post if you find an answer.

Good Luck and God Bless,
  13. k2626

k2626 New Member

Thanks Great....do your pains come and go somewhat quickly? My pain can be anywhere from 30 seconds, to a couple hours, then move to other areas?

You guys are really helping me with this info, what a great board.
  14. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

Yes, sometimes the pains come and go quickly, and I can also tell you that my sister experiences the same thing.

Just last week, we both decided we were going to try to start walking for 20 minutes a day to start out with. Our dr tells us how important it is, but it is so hard, but anyway on the very first day I got ready, put on my shoes, and by the time I walked from the other side of the house out to the garage to get in my car my right foot was killing me!

It was a very deep pain, felt like something was broken. It hurt so bad I wanted to cry. 30 mintues later I was fine. Go figure!

There have been many times that I have thought that I had broken ribs--pain comes out of nowhere, literally takes my breath away. 30 minutes later, I'm fine. Sometimes it will be a little longer.

Things like this happen all of the time. Other times I will hurt for days, weeks, and even months. I just never know.

Anyway, talk to your dr and I hope you are feeling better soon. This is a wonderful place to come for info and comfort!

Take care and God bless,
  15. k2626

k2626 New Member

Yes, it feels like my ankle is going to break, or tail bone pop off. Other times I feel like an electrical zap. I work out every day for 2 hrs and its just weird that this all came on at once. Wonder if stress can bring this on

THANK YOU for easing my mind some. Odd pains can be very scary, especially odd bone pain that shoots all over the body!
  16. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

I can only tell you what my dr told me about stress.

I was one of the lucky ones. I was diagnosed in a few short months. It takes years for most people to get a firm diagnosis.

I first started experiencing symptoms after my hubby had major surgery. I was so scared he wasn't going to make it through and had worked myself up over it.

He was in the hospital for 9 days where I never left his side for one moment except to take a shower. I would walk downstairs to the cafeteria and bring my food up so he wouldn't be left alone.

I did not sleep for any of those 9 nights and for several weeks afterwards because I was taking care of him.

Anyway, it was a few weeks later, after my hubby was beginning to recover that all of this hit me.

My dr tells me that it was the stress and the fatigue that brought all of this on and the fact that I wasn't taking care of myself.

I don't know what other drs have told other people with FM, but this is simply what I was told by my dr.

So, YES, according to my dr, stress can cause it.

Feel better and let us know.
    God bless,
  17. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

I have noticed that when I am stressed my symptoms are much worse. I even posted about this recently.

Take care and God bless,
  18. greatgran

greatgran Member

Yes, my pains come and go but usually last from a couple hours to days. I don't have the bone pain while I am walking of going up steps its later, then there are times I have done nothing and still have the pain.

My pain is different and I never know what part of my body is going to be hurting, but the upper leg pain is the deep achy bone pain and its the worst.

Along with the pain comes the horrible fatigue, maybe the pain causes the fatigue. Then there are times I have fatigue and no pain. Heck I don't understand this darn illness, and doubt so often, what is really wrong with me.

If you find any answers please let us know.