I am shocked

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Mar 21, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I think I might know what made me ill !!!
    I have been reading a lot about silver fillings and I can remember back 3years ago just before I took unwell I had a problem tooth one of my molars which needed to be filled about 3 times now a month late took unwell,Yeserday I noticed that one of my back teeth was receedng and It had a silver flling so I am of today to the reuhmy dc to ask him for some tests i hope and pray this might be the aswer
    I have 16 a lot does anyone know if you can be put out and have them all done in the same go?
  2. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i pray you find your answer.
    I had 8. i was sick and decided to try and see if removing them would help...it did NOTHING for me.
    However, if mercury is your problem (especially if your fillings are very very old) it is worth a try! Its not a rough proceedure to have them done....so ifyou can afford it..go for it! good luck!
  3. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Get the book "Amalgam Illness" by Andrew Hall Cutler. Hes a Phd chemist who suffered from chronic mercury poisoning caused by his amalgam fillings. If you get them out, make sure you use a dentist that is trained in the IAOMT protocol for safe removal. Just drilling them out any old way can make you worse.
  4. PrariWolf

PrariWolf New Member

Even if the amalgam fillings were improperly removed, things can still be done. An important step is being tested to see if you actually have toxic levels of mercury in your system. Then your health-care pro can use a chelating agent to remove it. It takes time, and some feel worse before they feel better, but it can be done.

Other problems aside from the amalgam fillings themselves can be infections festering under root canals, which can wreak havoc on the body. Stuides have conclusively linked tooth infections to heart disease.
  5. clerty

clerty New Member

Just back form the rheumatologist and he had some news for me I have Epstein-Bar Virus I am shocked as in the 3 years I have unwell no doctor has told me this tested me
    I would have thought this would be part of routine bloods
    regarding the filings I aksed him about it and told me to hold of the now he took other bloods
    creatine kinase
    cortisol
    c reactive protine
    ESR
    can anyone shed some light of these test? I know what cortiol is but not sure about the rest.

6. code34me

code34me New Member

Because of all of this I have always instisted that my 14 year old daugter get composite fillings (dont know if I slpelled that right?

She did have some reactions to earrings when lillte so I told the dentist she was alllergic to metal. Just a thought for those with little ones.

Take care of you! Codey
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have had the amalgam fillings since childhood. I hate the dentist and am chicken to go have them replaced. I've had so many other things that possibly caused my fibro such as exposure to pesticides, severe viral illnesses, hereditary from my mother, etc.

If I knew what I know now when I was age 20 I would have lived differently. I would have been more careful about exposure to toxins and worked harder to take care of myself.
  8. clerty

clerty New Member

it comes out in your stools then is that right?
  9. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I had all of my fillings replaced with composites. I only paid for the price difference between them since all my fillings were old and cracking.

Lead & Mercury weaken the immune system. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), 85% of the US population have been exposed to EBV. 100% in any 3rd world country. In normal people, it just simply goes away. For us, it becomes a chronic condition. Most doctors don't know what to do with a compromised immune system, so even though they might not know to test for it, even less likely will know how to treat it.

The key is to not just treat the EBV since you may have many viruses. You need to find why your immune system is weak. Mercury certainly answers why.

I would start with Dr. Cutler's book: No Amalgams. A listing of his forum posts is here:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/

Nothing for sale at this website.
  10. coolma

coolma New Member

There's alot of news re mercury/lead fillings and illness but I don't know if any of it relates to FM. Certainly worth looking into. Epson Bar, viruses, environmental illnesses directly related to CFS though.
  11. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

I have been researching mercury toxicity for some months now. It certainly does relate to FM and in quite a big way. Anyone who can't cure their candida problems might consider mercury to be the culprit. Mercury toxicuty together with candida and leaky gut syndrome can certainly account for fibromyalgia in the plethora of research. Have done a hair analysis and have found a holistic dentist who is going to replace my amalgams safely. Haven't decided how I have going to chelate yet, but am more inclined to do it using more natural supplemements such as Vit C etc.
  12. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I have also thought about having my amalgam fillings removed. But I really doubt that would help me very much. I worked for five years as a dental assistant.

During that time, the chairside assistant was expected to take a small disk shaped cloth and mull the amalgam while the dentist finsished prepping for the filling. If the amalgam started to set up, we had to add a drop or two of mercury into the amalgam to keep it from setting up so it could be inserted and carved down.

My hands would always be shining with the mercury that had leaked through the mulling cloth following each procedure. I had no idea, (we're talking about twenty years ago) that mercury could cause health problems. I have had fibro for about 14 to 15 years now. Who knew?
  13. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

I know that chronic mercury toxicity weakens the immune system among many other horrible things. When the immune system is weakened it cannot fight off viruses and other nasties in the gut. They stick around in the body and become a problem. That's what I have found throught extensive research...
  14. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

Wow! Lurkernomore. Your story is so so interesting. I can't believe you handled the mercury like that. If only we all new the dangers of it so many years ago. you should get a hair analysis done or any other test to check for mercury toxicity. It can't be too late to reverse the effects. I can't believe I only found out about this whole amalgam thing only months ago. I think, in years to come, amalgam fillings will be a thing of the past. More and more countries are banning the use of it in dentistry. More and more holistic 'amalgam- free dentists are popping up.
  15. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am not sure which to concern myself with more. The fact that I mulled amalgam and added mercury to it in my hands or when I worked in a dental lab making gold crowns.

The gold crowns had to be made to fit the wax preps of the teeth and then put into a gold casting oven, which was lined with, of course, asbestos. Guess who shredded the asbestos to fit the ring the wax prep was set down into for three years before she was told what it was? Yep, me.

Now I have fibromyalgia, SVT, diabetes and Sjogren's. I guess I am blessed this is the worst I have? I still cannot believe I did all that as a very young, naive girl and no one told me the dangers of any of it. At 19, I had no clue what asbestos even was, except that it kept things from melting. Do I feel stupid now!
  16. 139864

139864 New Member

Hi :)
    you are certainly anything but stupid . I think I can claim that prize without any fear of contradiction !!!

You were only a young girl & never knew the danger of the chemicals that you were working with & that is what really gets my goat today .

Although the authorities were just as ignorant as we were ourselves at that time .THEY ARE FULLY AWARE OF THE HAZARDS OF THESE CHEMICALS TODAY ...& yet we have to fight to get ourselves believed

Take Good care of yourself
    Brenda UK
  17. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Well, I am sure you are selling yourself short. Why DO we do that anyway? But I use to sit and worry about the mercury and the asbestos and guess what? Children really didn't have a chance back then.

The schools, all new and modern, which myself and my children attended had asbestos ceilings! I use to sit and watch the guys in class throw penicls into the ceilings and they would stick there. Meanwhile, all the white, flaky substance was falling all around us. Even the teachers hadn't a clue it was asbestos.

The truth is the we are still learning what is in the air, the food and the environment all around us. By the time we get it all figured out, we will be astounded! So I think if anyone feels having mercury removed from their teeth and that is the only exposure they know to have with it, they should definitely go for it. I'm just not sure it would help me at this late date.
  18. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

What a beautiful screen-name you have! I would definitely be interested in having a hair analysis done! Do you know where this is done? I'll bet mine is out the roof!
  19. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

Thanks. Love that name too. Obviously it's inspired by the monalisa painting hanging in the Louvre, also inspired by the line in the Bob Dylan song. 'Monalisa must'a had the highway blues you can tell by the way she smiles'.

Sounds like you have been exposed to a few chemicals and heavy metals. I live in Sydney, Australia and have found a great holistic mercury-free dentist who is going to remove my amalgams soon in a very safe way to minimise mercury exposure while he's drilling them out. He's going to use a rubber dam, nose oxygen, high speed suction, special cutting method and vaporising the room. He will organise Vit C injections and other detox. At the moment he is fixing me a bite plate to help with my night grinding and TMJ issues which he thinks will give me some relief with my neck muscle pain and trigger points.

In regards to the Hair Analysis Test for heavy metal toxicity and mineral levels, I got mine done at Australian Biologics. They snipped my hair sample and sent it off to a lab in the USA for testing and results were sent. Pretty crap they don't do hair analysis here but anyways I know there are lots of labs that do hair analysis in the US, if that's where you live. The lab that my hair analysis got done at is called DDI it's in Illinois i think. My score on mercury wasn't over the limit but my view is no mercury is good in the body and it does not belong in the body at all. I score high on other heavy metals too such as arsenic, nickel, lead and aluminium. No idea why. they also do an analysis of your mineral status. Guess what, most of my minerals are completely depleted, especially lithium and selenium. Selenium helps to bind and pull mercury out of the body (low selenium can only be trouble) also low on sulfar which could indicate mercury body burden. Maybe ask someone at your health food store for advice on where to get the hair analysis done or do a google search in your area.

Good luck. I think taking your amalgams out is a great first step, that way at least you are stopping any further damage. You'll need to detox and chelate the heavy metals outta your body. Am still getting my own head around the chelating and detoxing bit.

This discussion only further strengthens my belief that mercury could play a significant role in FM and other health issues. Chronic mercury exposure can be an obstacle in trying to rid the body of candida and mercury and candida in turn can deplete mineral levels. It seems to be a vicious cycle. The more I discuss mercury issues and the more I research it, the more I am convinced it does certainly play a significant role in all FM and CFS symptoms.

All the best with this, guess we are all trying to figure out what's wrong with us and why we got so sick. We all want out old selves and old lives back.

Cheers
  20. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am going to really date myself here. I don't recall a song about Mona Lisa by Dylan but I do remember my dad singing it around the house when I was really young. I think it was a Nat King Cole song...oh yep, I am that old, LOL!

I am in the U.S.A. and I do think I will check around and see where I can get a hair analysis done. There is no telling what I may learn too. (I already know about the L'Oreal 61/2g though. That's been in my hair for....ohhhh, a few years!)