I Am So Depressed Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, Jun 20, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I am feeling very low and bewildered today. I am having a lot of upper arm, shoulder pain, my jaw is killing me and got some bad news about some health care that we thought we would be able to get since we have no insurance right now. I feel like I am in the dumps and just wish I could go home and crawl in the bed and cover up my head.

TxSongBird
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Thinking good thoughts for you, I hope tomorrow will be better and more pain free for you. I'm sorry you are feeling low today. Sorry I have no advice. I can't even fix my own situation. But I want you to know I care.

((((((((Hugs))))))))
    Michelle
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

It is nice to just hear that others are thinking about me and that I am not the only one in this situation.

TxSongBird
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm so sorry you're having a tough week. It never rains, it pours and we are so much more vulnerable when we're in pain.

I read your profile and see that you're an animal lover lik e me. My husband and I have a great little ferile polydactal cat named Cricket that came out of the woods and up to our deck when she was five weeks old.

Another big 14 year old Maine Coone cat that has one heck of a personality and lastly, a 14 year old long haired daschund/terrier mix we rescued from the pound 13 years ago.

That and two adult children, three grandchildren and a new one on the way(my son's first). I'll tell you, this wasn't what I expected at the age of 50!

It would be so much nicer not to have FM/CF/Thyroid crap. I know my husband and I are very lucky to have health benefits. Is there not support for poeple like yourselves in Texas? Have you investigated if there are any drug studies going on that you may be able to take part in?

Just some thoughts.......

I'll say a little prayer.

Regards,

Eileen
  5. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

it makes my day nicer. There are no drug studies right now here in Texas for us to participate in and the only insurance that can't deny you coverage is what we applied for, but at $1,166.00 per month with a $2,500 deductible for each of us each year that would be way out of line. I would rather take cash and stick it in a CD that would earn interest than give my money away to someone else. Yes I have 5 former ferals and one kitty rescue and one doggie rescue. I love all animals and even feed oppossums every day.

TxSongBird
  6. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

We are self employed so we make too much money for any help. My Dr. says that if I pay cash, he will discount the fees. I had a CT the other day and it was $650.00 cash so I just have to dip into our savings and deal with it. Our house is paid off, but we need a lot of repairs done to it, so we are saving for that now. We have one son who is in college and that isn't too bad, since he is in community college. My husband puts in about 70 hours per week at our business, I put in 50 per week. We just keep going, because what else am I going to do. It just gets so depressing sometimes. Our prescriptions per month equal about $600.00 and no insurance for that either.

TxSongBird
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm SO sorry you're going through this! The pain is bad enough!

I felt like crawling in a hole a few weeks ago; I just wanted to be left alone.

I have no insurance either. For my hubby to put me on his would cost us $1,000.00 per month!

That's just INSANE!!!!! And it's not worth it.

I used to be on assistance, but do not qualify for that anymore.

I applied for a charity program through my local hospital, so I AM allowed to see any provider that participates in the program.

That was from God!

I will be praying for better days for you and the courage to keep hanging on.

Gentle hugs and luv!

8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

That's all we can do. I'm so sorry about everything. Probably one is compounding the other. One thing I have found is that when we feel that we are at the bottom, something happens to change our perspective and we realize that we can go on.

I am praying that you will be given the strength to carry on until a better day.

Kathy.
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Awwwwwww, I'm so sorry you're having a bad day. There are just some days like that, aren't there? You want to do a rewind and try starting over only you can't and it wouldn't help anyway because so many other people impact our day.

Isn't it good that we only have to live one day at a time??

Hugs,
    Marta

10. kriket

kriket New Member

I know what you are feeling on the no insurance and having to pay cash for everything. My bf and I are both self-employed and cannot afford health insurance. We pay cash for all of my doctor's visits and medication. It takes a toll on our finances. It is sure enough something that will get you down. Your symptoms of upper arm, shoulder and jaw pain sound similar to heart attack symptoms. My mom has had 3 heartattacks so I perk up immediately when someone says that they have this sort of pain. Could be the stress aggrivating it. Hope that you are having a much better day tomorrow.

Kriket
  11. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I have shed a few tears of frustration this past week
    over health costs too . My health ins has gone from $675
    to $875 ! I RARELY EVEN USEIT AND THEY DO NOT KNOW I HAVE LYME !!!!
    It is absolutely crazy . I have found a policy with AARP
    ( United health Care ) now that I am 50 . However , I feel afraid to use it as I suspect they will hike the premiums !

If you or your spouse either are 50 , check with AARP.

Want to hear something amazing ? I went to alady in town who sells insurance , to get quotes only to find that she and her husband DO NOT HAVE MAJOR MEDICAL! They simply buy the catastrophic policies that do not cost so much .

I also visited w/ other business ownwers in town who
    also do not have major medical, and only have catastrophic
    coverage. Apparently this issue is a consuming NAT'L crisis , missed only by our elected legislators who are too busy and well cared for to be concerned ( about the middle class riff-raff ) .

I know how heavy this issue presses on a person. You feel desperate on top of being ill.

Please Know I am SENDING SERIOUS PRAYERS YOUR WAY THIS EVENING!

Have you investigated the Unicare policies ? Blue Cross is high , but I would have gone w/ Unicare if I did not qualify for coverage thru AARP .

God Bless you and I will pray !
  12. baanders

baanders New Member

I have found that my prayers have helped my recovery. We all understand what you'ree going through. We all have bad days. Even those that don't suffer with CF/FM get depressed. Just know that you are surrounded by a whole lot of people that care about you. I hope you have at least one person that you can cry on.

baanders
  13. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

at one time, but the premiums became about $1,000 per month and they never paid for anything we filed on. AARP told us due to our medical conditions, we didn't qualify for their plans.

TxSongBird
  14. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Why can't you try and get SSI or something along that line.
    Hubby and myself went for years without any coverage and it is scary I know,but the more you stress on it the more the flare-ups seem to come.
    I hope all works out for you
    Hugs,
    Mary
  15. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

My husband and myself are able to work and put in a great amount of hours in our business. My husband is 52 and I am 48 years old. The Texas Risk Pool Insurance was the last option that would cover us, but boy for a high preminum of $1,166.00 per month and that is with a $2,500 per person per year deductible.

TxSongBird
  16. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

We don't get proper treatment!My problem is my doctor knows NOTHING about fibro and I can't find a doctor who does within 50 miles so I don't get to try any treatments at all but he will give me pain pills but that's about it.
    Our system is messed up!!!!!
    Love,
    Mary
  17. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

TxSongBird:

Just do not let that depression take hold of you. Do not crawl under the covers. From your posts I know you are a strong woman, so fight the darn thing off.

I am so sorry you are feeling this way today. I have those days too, but push at not letting it take hold of me.

Do not give in to it--===my suggestion.

hugs;,

Nyrofan
  18. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Yesterday I was just in a funk or something so I am now back at life with a full vengenance. We will deal with the Insurance thing a little piece at at time. I always have my kitties to go home to and pet along with doggie Ginger who listens to me, never judges me, and curls up against me when I am in pain. Thanks to everyone for listening and responding.

TxSongBird
  19. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

you are feeling better today.

We love you!
  20. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I have been low too, so I pretended I wrote your letter and all those sweet encouraging answers were for me!

hugs, Jana