I am so dizzy and spaced out today, anyone ever feel this way?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Jan 7, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I feel like I have been druged or like I stayed out all night smoking pot and drinking beer. I feel this way all the time but today is real bad!

I hardly ever here people complain about feeling this way, does anyone feel this way?
  2. ethel

ethel New Member

I have get vertigo all the time so I'm dizzy most of the time. When I first sit up in the morning or turn my head real fast. I know its not fun. I think quit a few of us get dizzy.
    Connie
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

It seems to come and go. I've had dizziness the past week. Makes me feel nauseous.

I'm going to mention it to my rheumatologist in February and see what he says.

Regards,

Eileen
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Yes all the time.. I have been trying to get it figured out for a while.

I'm suppose to go have some more blood test this week.

Sometimes I feel like I have a build up of something in my body.. Like it can't get rid of it.

Or I think if I wait to long to eat.. But then I'll eat and not feel much better.

Or sometimes I feel like it is something in my neck or head.. Like all the muscles are so tense that it makes me feel weird.

On the post..discussing probiotic, diet, and other things.. We are talking a lot about fruit and diet causing a drunken feeling. Check it out.

SherylD
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I feel this way alot especially when I am tired and hurting the worse.It is as if I am here but I'm not.I will just sit in my big comfy chair and just stare out.And I get real clingy when I get this way.I want my husband with me all the time.This weekend was that way.I wish I knew for sure what it was and what causes it.i have heard of brain fog,maybe it is that.But anyway, I completely understand what you are talking about.
    Sheila
  6. azshell

azshell New Member

I, too, feel dizzy alot of times. That is one of the worst symptoms of this disorder, I think. I feel like I am floating and not really here (if you can understand that). I feel like my muscles are so tight in my neck and back (all around my spine) that it creates this horrible feeling. With the dizziness, I become very nauseated and just feel abnormal in head! It comes and goes! My chiropractor explained it this way....the muscles become so tight and inflamed that they pinch nerves in the neck that control our balance. He also claims that the stomach nerve is connected to the neck, thus when it is pinched, it makes us sick. ?????
  7. Ladyhurt

Ladyhurt New Member

OMG i,m so dizzy lol yes i have it to but mostly in morning there is a drug that helps called SERC ask your Dr about it i got it from mine now i feel alittle bit more in control of this hope this helps.
    Ladyhurt
  8. Ladyhurt

Ladyhurt New Member

I also see a Chiropractor for this but had to stop because to many adjustments agravate the neck which goes down the arm then into hand so be very careful how often you have your neck adjusted(i know your chiropractor will say not true but as a sufferer of Fibro for all these years we soon learn what our bodies can handle)
    So baby steps
    Ladyhurt
  9. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I think this is what CFS is all about, feeling disoriented and "not all there" most of the time..
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

.... and I'm wondering what medications everyone might be on.

A side effect of many medications is that of dizziness.

I've felt spaced out and dizzy at times. I've felt it was probably due to the medications.

It could also be due to inner ear problems. If people have cervical injuries, the cranial nerves could be affected and that would cause dizziness and spacey feelings as well.

It's a toss up with me, could be either or.
  11. azshell

azshell New Member

I only take tylenol or ibuprofen when the muscles are extremely tight and painful (most of the time I feel like I have a kink in my spine). I also take 1/2 of muscle relaxer (flexerel) because a whole one makes me fall asleep. I feel dizziness before I ever take the meds, but sometimes I feel more after taking them.
  12. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Off and on I have this. I am dizzy and off-balance to some degree every day. I woke up with the room spinning when I first got sick and it has been a problem ever since. I have had inner ear workups and they thought at first I had Meniere's, but later found out there was more to it with Epstein-Barr, etc. Not fun. I know the feeling like you're not really there is no fun.

Ginny (GBHope)
  13. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have these weird spaced out feelings sometimes with dizziness and sometimes a feeling like the inside of my head is dizzy..Then comes Anxiety, do you have anxiety? I have anxiety most of the time.but when these spacy feelings etc. the anxiety is so much worse...

My first symptom of cfs started with a major vertigo attack...

greatgran
  14. ohyayer

ohyayer New Member

i have many days where i feel hung over for no reason. i partied a lot in my teen years and i feel just like i did back then after a wild night....plus my memory is real bad on those days.
  15. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

Dizziness can be caused by many things.

I have a sensation similar to being drunk, on a permanent basis. I have had it for over 20 years.

In the last year I was found to have damaged disks, and osteoarthritis in my neck. I recently had some very 'spun out' sensations when tilting my head., and also lost vision one time.

The doctor said that these were an indication of problems with the vertebrobasilar artery. I questioned him about the
    dizziness, and he said it was possibly VBI..vertebrobasilar insufficiency.

I am going to a neuro for investigation. The outcome will be interesting. In all these years this possible cause of dizziness has never been suggested to me.
  16. Ladyhurt

Ladyhurt New Member

I have found if you sleep on the oposite side with 2 pillows under you head it will help, also don,t forget the one between the knees for lower back.
    Hope this helps
    Ladyhurt
  17. sdown

sdown New Member

Did your doc check for any viruses? I had the HHV6 virus and was treated with heparin lozenges (blood thinners) for 18 months. My dizziness went away after 3 weeks. She also recommended the blood thinners because my sed rate was very bad. My circulation was terrible therefore it caused alot of fatigue. It takes a very, very good doc to detect viral activity. My doc said that most of her CFS and FM patients when they first see her have viral activity and are put on blood thinners.