I am so sad, facing surgical biopsy..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

If it weren't for bad luck... i went for my needle biopsy of my breast today and they could not do the procedure. After 40 minutes laying on my stomach with my breast in a whole in a table and arms and neck twisted they were not able to get a clear pinpoint on the calcification. So they said I would have to have a surgical biopsy. I was so hoping to have this over today and have a answer by Friday, now I have to wait to see the surgeon next tuesday to even schedule the surgery. The 'good news" is if it is cancer, it is early stage ductal cancer and just be removed then put on tamoxifen for 5 years. I have had 3 biopsys in 12 years so I feel like the odds are against me this time. I saw what they were looking at on the mammo and have seen pictures of other mammos of malignacy and they look similar. The bad news is breast cancer will not help me with my SSDI case. it seems breast cancer can ususally be cured in one year so it is not a consideration. It doesn't matter what you have to go thru only the outcome. I can not take another DD and risk a flare because of the surgery, but what do i do, i have this foreign thing growing in me. Sorry i went on but I am so disappointed and don't know what to do. Thanks for reading, {huggsss to all)
  2. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

So sorry to hear this trouble you have! It must be very scary for you? You know we are all here for you. although we can not change the outcome, we know someone who can...

Prayers, 1maqt
  3. dd

dd New Member

Don't know what to say except that I will say a prayer for that everything goes well for you.

(((HUGS)))

Debbie
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I had a pretty big lump they found in a mammogram a few years ago. It was very scary. I had a surgical biopsy also. Mine turned out not to be cancerous thank God. But it was a hard time for me because my dad was dying of colon cancer while I went through that scare with the tumor I had.

You`ll be in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully everything will turn out ok for you too. Hugs to you sweetie!!!