I am so sick of laying down.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Mar 5, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Argghhh!!! All I have felt like doing lately is laying down. I don't even feel like sitting,lounging,or standing so I just lay down. I am sick of laying in the bed, if you know what I mean. I push myself to get out of the bed and my batteries are all drained in about an hour or two, so it's back to the bedroom. I just want to curl up and rest/sleep and am tired of feeling so useless and miserable. Anyone else???

Kriket
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I have a recliner. I can sit up or recline (and I have my heating pad). I cannot lie around ... just too painful. My house is a mess but I cannot do much and I sure can't afford help. Yeah, I think most of us feel useless and miserable and wonder "WHY ME"?
  3. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi

I know what you mean I am not one for my bed when I am ill I fight it which I should not do lol!!!

I stay In singapore I moved here 6 weks ago and it has been hard the change but I get really upset as the days are so lovely here and I can't get out much I never feel well enough I am a hermit not a nice feeling.I hear kids o the pool or we get asked out for dinner and I can't go
    I am sick of telling people I am unwell they look at you as
    if to say you look fine.
    Clerty
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

yea.Sometimes I go back and forth from my bed to the recliner. Sometimes the recliner is actually a bit more cusion than the bed. I am 29 and I just want to go and be able to do things. I'm too young to feel so bad. I just get frustrated sometimes. Guess I'm just VENTING!!!! Don't mean to sound selfish or anything. Just frustrated with this dd.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2007]
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I hear you!!! I know how you feel. The weather is so beautiful here, in East Texas and I see so many people out fishing and gardening and planting flowers, and it is so depressing to watch and not feel like participating.

Kriket
  6. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I AM SOOO SICK OF IT!!! Marie
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Glad that you were able to enjoy a big part of your life before you became ill. Aerobic exercise is good for everyone I guess, but when you have no energy and hurt, exercise is the last thing that I'm gonna spend my good moments on. You are able to do now in your sixties about what I'm able to do now in my twenties. Thanks for your thoughtfulness and advice. Take care.

Yes. You are right, it could be worse!!! But it is pretty rough right now.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2007]
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Hey there. So sorry that you have all those digestive problems on top of this dd. You are a lot worse than I. I agree, it's no fun. Jaminhealth mentioned that it could be worse. She is right. I don't know how you feel with the digestive problems, but I do know it feels to lay down more than you'd like too. HUGS!!!!

Kriket
  9. LeftCoast

LeftCoast New Member

I so feel your anguish. I'm there a lot of the time too. Try to think of resting and sleeping like medicine. Every minute that you rest you are helping your body. I know that seems silly but it helps me sometimes to cope. I also know that you can rest until you are blue in the face and not really see a qualitive change in things even over months and years but I know that it is one of the major components of healing.

Also have you tried betaine. Someone told me about it and it has been awesome. I actually can eat and I don't have nearly the nausia etc. that I used to get.
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

What is betaine? What is it used for? Yea. Sometimes I look at rest as my best medicine for my body, it does helps sometimes.

Kriket
  11. blkkat

blkkat New Member

COUCH TO BED ,BED TO COUCH IM 44 THIS ALL GOT THISBAD OVER 2 YEARS AGO. I NEVER REALLY FELT GOOD ALL MY LIFE BUT AT LEAST I LIVED BACK THEN AND BOY I LIVED! BUT KNOW I KINDA JUST WAIT, WAIT TILL ITS OVER I GUESS ITS LIKE BEING IN PRISON ISNT IT? I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE ONES THAT ARE SO YOUNG, LIKE MY SON HES GOT FM REAL BAD AND HES ONLY 19. NOT FAIR! GOD BLESS- YOUR NEW FRIEND BLKKAT
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

Oh my gosh. Your son only 19 huh. Boy, bless his heart. He has a long road ahead of him. MAYBE, just MAYBE they will find a cure before too awful long and we can ALL quit suffering. Couch to bed back to couch, yep I'm afraid to say that sounds all to familiar!!!! Thanks for the support. I'm 29 and was dx about 4 yrs. ago.

Kriket
  13. LeftCoast

LeftCoast New Member

Betaine Hydrochloride is a digestive enzyme. I found this one worked for me better than some of the mixed digestive enzymes. The one I take has 100 mg of fenugreek seed and 500 mg of betaine hydrochloride. 2 tablets 3x day with meals.
  14. Shalala

Shalala New Member

You are too young for this suffering sweetie. This is horrid. Nothing wrong with being selfish or venting. I would be in a hot tub if I could afford it. I was looking through the posts and saw where a 12 year old has this. It doesn't discriminate. Hang in there hun.