I AM SO SICK OF SWEATING AT NIGHT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I actually haven't had a sweaty night in awhile, but last night "I sweat like a pig!" I mostly get it on my calves and behind my knees, but last night I was also sweating on my back and around my waist.
    What's interesting is that in spite of the sweating, I slept pretty heavy and solid and feel more rested this morning than I have in weeks.
    For weeks I haven't slept well at all. My son always crawls into bed with me and I've had a new puppy sleeping in her crate nearby. So all that noise and bustling about wakes me and keeps me from sleeping soundly.
    last night my son spent the whole night in the other room and the pup stayed quiet in her crate all night.

Funny that a good nights sleep should make me sweat!
    What's your theory?
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

I do have been sweating alot at night, but mine is upper body..like neck, head, etc....

I am thinking this could be menopause..I am not on anything new so I am not sure. I am only 34 so I think it's kind of young..but I know its' not unheard of.

I also have problems sweating during the day. Like for instance, doing a load of laundry...I am sweating. It's crazy....

On days that I get ready...not that often but if I am getting ready and putting on a little makeup I am sweating like a pig..so who knows what is going on with me..

I can't stand it tho..

3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I have no theory. I am so tired of it also.

Cannot wash the bedding everytime it happens.

At least three days a week, I have 12 hour days that I am away from the house.

Barely eat supper and get in jammies and go to bed.

But yuk!

Fondly, June

4. rynldss

rynldss New Member

I sweat a lot at night. I had early menopause due to my Mom taking DES while pregnant with me.
    Dr. lowered my HRT and I noticed more sweating.
    You might have FSH bloodwork done. Good Luck!
  5. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I sweat alot to begin with,depedinng on the humidity,whether it is cold or hot.I also am in perimenopause,so now I have a fan by my bed.
  6. ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX New Member

Hey,

34 y/o male that has the same problems with sweating while sleeping. I find that by having a fan aimed at my lower torso, when I sleep, I naturally turn the "too warm" side to the fan. I rarely have problems then. Otherwise, I have been known to wake up absolutely drenched!

Hope this helps!!
  7. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Thanks for the input...
    who knows what to do. I've had plenty of bloodwork done. I know that my hormones aren't as high as they could be, but they are in "normal" range.
    I wonder about having a fan because I actually feel cold when I'm sweating...which would lead me to think it is perimenopause.
    Oh, brother!
    Then last night I had such a weird dream to accompany my sweating...imagery you know. I dreamed about sorting through piles of junk and throwing out lots of garbage and there were tons of worms pouring out of the piles of garbage.
    I have a dream dictionary. I looked up these images and it said that worms are symbolic off ill health issues.
    I guess that would equate the sweat pouring out of my skin.

Weird!!!
  8. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

My FSH was high and estrogen low so I'm in perimenopausal/menopause. I also had the night sweats and felt cold. As soon as I opened my eyes in bed the sweating would start. I was put on low dose estrogen/progesterone and the sweating stopped immediately.
  9. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

Not saying you may have this, but here is some info to consider.

I had issues with excessive seating all the time, but especially at night. Because I was in my early 40s, I kept being told it was pre-menopause. Then they found a goiter on my thyroid and discovered that I have Hashimotos Disease (basically immune thyroiditis). The odd thing was, with hypothyroid, you usually cannot tolerate the cold, but some cases are unable to tolerate heat and sweat excessively. Once I was put on the thyroid replacement medication, all the sweats went away and many of my fibro symptoms got better. I chalked my worsening pain to the fibro, but it was actually the thyroid.

If you have any of the following symptoms, you may want to discuss this possibility with your doctor:
    Fatigue
    Weakness
    Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
    Coarse, dry hair
    Dry, rough pale skin
    Hair loss
    Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
    Constipation
    Depression
    Irritability
    Memory loss
    Abnormal menstrual cycles
    Decreased libido

Good luck!!!
  10. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

I have CFS. No outright sweating but I do get the occasional 'hot flash' at night lasting a minute or so. It wakes me up, I throw off the blanket, cool down, and then have to have my blanket back because I'm back to normal again.

I'm in my early 30s and not anywhere near menopause. Lab tests do not show hormonal deficiencies. So perimenopause doesn't explain it and it definitely doesn't explain it for males.

This is a symptom of CFS/ME - temperature dysregulation.
    The CDC criteria are but a sample of the common symptoms in CFS. Google Canadian CFS/ME definition which is much more complete and lists more symptoms than CDC criteria.
  11. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I don't have hypothyroid. I do have thyroid problems, but it is usually hyper and is in remission at the moment.
    I know my blood sugar is okay, too. So, it's either the meds...which seems weird because they didn't do this before or it is perimenopause. The later wouldn't suprise me. My libido is absolutely gone, I am loosing pubic hair and the periods are starting to be longer between them. in fact, i think I missed last month...but that could be my faulty memory.
  12. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I sweat like crazy during the day.I found that BLACKCOHOSH works for me.My sweating I assume is the menopause thing, but give the blackcohosh a try,its herbal so who knows.Hope yours nights are dry!
  13. ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX New Member

"I wonder about having a fan because I actually feel cold when I'm sweating..." - This may be that you're waking up after your body has started cooling off... Sweating is the body's mechanism to cool you, even if you don't need it.

If you already have a fan at home, you can give it a try... It's not like a new medication or something. And if you get too cold, you can always turn it off. :D